*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure to learn more.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Don’t waste those pumpkin seeds because they can be turned into a healthy and tasty snack! Learn how to roast pumpkin seeds with this step-by-step guide taking you through the entire process.
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds,
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177ºC).
- Wash pumpkin seeds in a colander to remove the pulp and stringy fibers. Thoroughly dry pumpkin seeds with a towel.
- In a small bowl combine pumpkin seeds, coconut oil, salt and any of the flavor combination you wish to try.
- Lightly grease a sheet pan with coconut oil and evenly spread the seasoned pumpkin seeds on the sheet pan.
- Bake about 12 to 15 minutes, or until the seeds are toasted and crunchy. Stir the pumpkin seeds every 3-5 minutes for even toasting.
- Check for doneness by tasting a seed for crunchiness and a toasted flavor.
- Transfer the roasted pumpkin seeds to a plate to cool down so they don’t carry-over cook on the hot pan.
- Adjust the recipe based on how many seeds your pumpkin yields. The ingredients can easily be doubled or tripled.
- To separate the pulp from the seeds even easier, place them in a medium sized bowl filled with warm water. Rub the seeds together in the palm of your hands to remove the pulp and stringy flesh. The clean seeds will float to the surface, where you can easily use a spoon to skim the seeds away. Rinse the seeds once more in a collider before drying.
- Store roasted pumpkin seeds in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Serving Size:1 tablespoon
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 25Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 67mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.