Taste freshness in every spoonful of blueberry lemon overnight oats! Creamy, fruity, and full of protein, its perfect for a quick and balanced breakfast or even a midday snack.
If yogurt and blueberries are your go-to breakfast or snack, then try the blueberry overnight oatmeal recipes to add more diversity to the start of the day! There are endless flavor varieties that you really can’t go wrong with.
From blueberry pie overnight oats to blueberry almond overnight oats, each recipe is perfect for grab and go meal prep. Here are healthy eating solutions for the busy workweek to keep you feel full and also to avoid unnecessary snack cravings.
Whether you prefer fresh blueberries or frozen blue berries, this blueberry lemon overnight oatmeal recipe can be easily modified for meal prepping. Add the health benefits of oats to your eating daily routine.
Do blueberry and lemon go together?
Blueberry has a complex flavor that is both tangy and sweet, and therefore it pairs perfectly with spice, citrus and savory dishes. In this case, lemon and blueberry are a classic combination that also goes well together in overnight oatmeal.
It’s easy to find boxes of fresh blueberries in the market no matter what time of year. Toss a handful of blueberries on top of the oatmeal or even make a 5 minute blueberry-chia jam with hints of spice and lemon zest for extra flavor.
How to make blueberry lemon overnight oats?
Whether you choose fresh or frozen blueberries, this blueberry lemon overnight oatmeal will wow your taste buds. All you need are a few simple ingredients to assemble this recipe.
Blueberry Lemon Overnight Oatmeal Ingredients:
- Regular rolled oats
- Liquid of choice
- Greek yogurt
- Vanilla extract
- Chia seeds
- Pinch of salt
You can either assemble in a bowl or use one of the best mason jars for overnight oatmeal. Add all of the ingredients, except for the blueberries, and stir until well combined.
Next, gently fold in the blueberries so that they don’t get crushed. Seal the container and store overnight.
In the morning time, top the blueberry lemon overnight oatmeal with your favorite oatmeal toppings. A few ideas are fresh blueberries, more lemon zest, toasted coconut or toasted nuts.
Blueberry Lemon Overnight Oats Tips
Freshen up your meal-on-the-go with a serving of sour and tarty squeeze of lemon over the top of your blueberry lemon overnight oats. Here are tips to make your meal even more enjoyable for each and every spoonful.
- Instead of quick oats, go with rolled oats for this recipe. Quick oats are thinner and have less texture than the rolled oats.
- Keep the ratio of the oats and your desired liquid to 2:1 for a creamier taste.
- Replace the chia seeds with protein powder for more energy during your post workout snack.
- Always stir the soaked oatmeal once before adding toppings and serving. The bottom of the oats tends be a bit more mushy compared to the top. Mixing allows the soft to be combined with the crunch, which gives a nice mouth feel.
- Soak the oats overnight for about 12 hours. Eat as a grab and go breakfast or for a midday snack.
- To safeguard freshness of the individual ingredients, it’s best to eat within 5 days of preparation.
LOOKING FOR MORE BLUEBERRY OVERNIGHT OATS FOR THIS WEEK?
- Blueberry Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- Blueberry Coconut Overnight Oats
- Blueberry Maple Overnight Oats
Blueberry lemon overnight oats is a tasty meal that you will enjoy at any time of day. It works as a meal prep idea that can be eaten at any time of day.
Store your blueberry lemon overnight oatmeal in a mason jar and eat it as a grab and go breakfast or midday snack. The creamy oats pair well with fresh blueberries and fragrant lemon zest no matter what time of day it is.
The oatmeal is packed with heart healthy nutrition that is guaranteed to boost your energy levels and keep you feeling full all day long. Give this recipe a try for yourself!
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a medium sized bowl or overnight oats container, add the oats, chia seeds, yogurt, almond milk, honey, vanilla, lemon juice, lemon zest and salt. Stir until well combined.
- Next, fold in the blueberries.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator for about 12 hours.
- In the morning, top with fresh blueberries, lemon zest, sliced almonds or whatever oatmeal toppings you have a craving for.
The consistency of the soaked oatmeal will be relatively thick. If you want to, change up the overnight oats water ratio by adding more yogurt or almond milk to make a porridge style thinness.
To make this recipe vegan, substitute the honey for maple syrup, stevia or another natural sweetener. Furthermore, use a dairy free yogurt alternative like almond or coconut.
This recipe is gluten free!
Maintain freshness by eating the blueberry lemon overnight oats within 5 days of preparation.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 382Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 164mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 11gSugar: 27gProtein: 14g