Looking for a sweet and salty recipe to fulfill your cravings? This no bake chocolate pretzel oatmeal bar is easy to make and hits all the tasty notes that your looking for. You’ll like them so much that you’ll keep return back for more because they are irresistible.
When hunger is calling and you don’t feel like cooking, then no bake oatmeal bars are the perfect meal to quench your craving; they are hearty, filling and full of flavor. Whether you are looking for a high protein and or a fiber rich combination, Simply Oatmeal has recipes that will fit your needs.
No bake chocolate pretzel oatmeal bars are a perfect quick snack, pre-workout energy boost or grab and go breakfast. The sweet and savory combination is a winning flavor, no wonder chocolate covered pretzels have been such a huge success! The bars are chewy, have a slight crunch and are completely coated with chocolate.
How to make no bake chocolate pretzel oatmeal bars?
In order to make the no bake chocolate pretzel oatmeal bars, you will need to melt the chocolate. It only takes 1 minute to melt the chocolate in the microwave and the rest is quick and easy.
You can make the energy bars in just a few minutes using only a handful of ingredients. Let’s cover the few steps required to make oatmeal bars with pretzels and chocolate so that you can add this grab and go meal prep idea to your weekly repertoire.
No Bake Chocolate Pretzel Oatmeal Bars Ingredients:
- Old-fashioned rolled oats
- Semisweet chocolate chips
- Roasted peanuts
- Unsalted butter
- Mini marshmallows
- Coconut oil
- Salt flakes
Make the base for the no bake oatmeal bars, brown the butter and then stir in the marshmallows to create a creamy sauce that will be combined with the rolled oats and coconut oil.
Melt the chocolate and butter in a small bowl using the microwave or a double boiler. Divide the chocolate sauce into two portions, half the sauce stays as is and the other half of the sauce gets the crushed pretzels and roasted peanuts mixed in.
Prepare an 8×8 inch baking pan or equal sized mold to shape the bars by placing a layer of parchment paper at the bottom of the pan.
Add half of the oatmeal base to the bottom and press it into the pan firmly using a fork or another piece of parchment paper on top and pressing firmly with the palm of your hands.
Add the chocolate, pretzel and peanut mixture on top and press that flat. Cover with the remaining oatmeal base and press it firmly so that the top is smooth and packed very well. Finally, cover with the remaining chocolate sauce.
Allow the no bake chocolate pretzel oatmeal bars to harden in the fridge for 1 hour or the freezer for 20 minutes and then cut into 2×2 inch bars. Serve at room temp.
No Bake Chocolate Pretzel Oatmeal Bars Tips
Chocolate, pretzels and oatmeal are a fun combination to include in a no bake bar. Make the most nutritious, delicious and fulfilling energy bars by understanding a few simple tips that will make your preparation go a bit smoother.
- Substitute almonds, cashews or hazelnuts for possible variations to the chocolate mix-ins.
- Use unsalted butter when preparing the bars otherwise it may be too salty.
- Quick oats may by used for this recipe because the the flake size is smaller and the resulting texture may be less chewy. Do not use steel cut oats because they are not edible when served raw.
- Store leftover bars in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Instead of double layering the bars, consider having one layer of oats on the bottom and covering it with one layer of chocolate-pretzel topping. Allow the pretzels to show on top and avoid hiding them in between the layers.
- If the mixture seems to crumbly when preparing and not holding together firmly, just add one tablespoon of water to the oatmeal base.
Chocolate, pretzel and oatmeal bars are a simple no bake solution to you weekly meal prep. The grab and go snack idea is prefect for breakfast, afternoon snack or even a delicious dessert.
Combine the salty pretzels, sweet chocolate and benefits of oats in a hearty and wholesome bar. Super foods like chocolate, peanuts and oats ensure that each bar is packed with nutritious ingredients.
Make ahead so that you can quickly store the leftovers in a meal prep container for an easy grab and go meal. Don’t leave home hungry when you have no bake chocolate pretzel oatmeal bars already prepared in the fridge or freezer.
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1½ cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ cup chopped, roasted peanuts
- ¼ cup crushed, pretzels
- ½ teaspoons salt flakes, divided
- Line the bottom of a 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment or wax paper.
- Melt 1 tablespoons of the butter and the chocolate chips. Use a double boiler or 10-second bursts in a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl, stir between each interval, until the chocolate is just melted and the mixture becomes smooth.
- Transfer ½ cup of the melted chocolate to a small bowl and set aside.
- Add the peanuts, pretzels and 1 teaspoon of salt into the remaining chocolate sauce; set aside.
- Brown the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir with a wooden spoon so that the butter melts evenly. When the butter begins to foam, the butter will quickly begin to brown and produce a nutty aroma.
(Carefully observe the transition because butter can go from foam, to brown to burnt relatively quickly.)
- Once the butter browned, take the pan off the heat. Add the coconut oil and marshmallows, and stir continuously until completely melted. Add the oats to the marshmallow mixture and stir until well-coated.
- Transfer ½ of the oat mixture into the prepared pan. Use a fork to press the oat mixture into an even layer.
- Top the oats with the chocolate sauce that contains the peanuts, pretzels and salt. Spread the chocolate in an even layer over the oats.
- Top the chocolate layer with the remaining oats, and gently press down to make an even layer.
- Drizzle the remaining ½ cup of melted chocolate over the oatmeal bar, and then sprinkle with the remaining ½ teaspoon salt.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- To serve, allow the oatmeal bars to be at room temperature for about 10 minutes. Grab the sides of parchment or wax paper and remove the no bake oatmeal from the pan; place on a cutting board and cut into 2 inch by 2 inch bars (16 pieces).
Meal Prep: The chocolate pretzel bars can be made up to 1 day in advance. Cover and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Storage: Store the bars in an sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or the freezer for up to 1 month.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 169Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 91mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 9gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.