Are you looking for a delicious no fuss breakfast idea? Then strawberry shortcake overnight oatmeal is a quick and easy recipe that you are going to fall in love with.
Hot breakfast doesn’t always sound good to eat in the morning,. It’s true that strawberry overnight oats are a springtime staple because they are quick to make and taste refreshing!
From strawberry blueberry overnight oats to strawberry yogurt overnight oats, we’ve got so many ways to enjoy your oatmeal with the seasonal fruits of spring. Customize your overnight oats with a favorite milk or yogurt and also select the toppings to personalize the taste and textures that make your oatmeal extra delicious.
When combined with vibrant strawberries, this incredibly tasty meal prep turns a beautiful pink color that can only be described as absolutely magical. The soaked oats provide the consistency and flavor of a fluffy shortcake that has soaked up the goodness of strawberries and cream.
Don’t let your hunger turn into anger, eat this no cook oatmeal for breakfast, it’ll make you feel satiated for extended periods of time allowing you to comfortably wait until the next meal time. Soak up the health benefits of oatmeal combined with antioxidant rich super foods like coconut and strawberries!
How to make strawberry shortcake overnight oats?
Making strawberry shortcake overnight oats is not hard at all. You only need strawberries, 5 simple ingredients and less than 5 minutes to meal prep the no cook oats in a container.
Strawberry Shortcake Overnight Oats Ingredients:
- Rolled oats
- Coconut milk
- Coconut yogurt
- Strawberry-chia jam
- Vanilla extract
Stir together the rolled oats, coconut milk, coconut yogurt, strawberry- chia jam and vanilla extract in a mason jar. Stir well to fully coat the oats and then fold in the sliced strawberries. Cover and refrigerate overnight for 12 hours.
In the morning, give the soaked oats a quick stir and serve cold. If you’re heating the overnight oats, then you may want to add the sliced strawberries afterward heating.
Garnish with the remaining strawberries, unsweetened coconut flakes and gluten free oatmeal crumble topping. Finish with sliced almonds or use any of your favorite oatmeal toppings.
Strawberry Shortcake Overnight Oats Tips
Strawberry shortcake overnight oats are an easy, healthy and delicious meal prep idea that can be eaten at any time of day. Try this recipe for a gluten-free and vegan treat for breakfast, mid afternoon snack or even for a healthy dessert. Here are quick tips to keep your oatmeal fresh and enjoyable for every spoonful you take.
- Rolled oats are the type of oats that work best for this recipe.
- If mixture seems too thick, then add a splash of coconut milk when serving to make a porridge-style consistency.
- Use a diary-free yogurt alternative if your sticking to a vegan diet, otherwise fell free to substitute your favorite yogurt flavor.
- On a workout day, add a scoop of protein powder or and extra spoonful of chia seed for a nutritional boost.
- Avoid a thick and pasty texture by sticking to a 2:1 ratio of liquid to overnight oats.
- For a sweeter taste, add a tablespoon of maple syrup, agave, coconut sugar or any other sweetener you enjoy most.
Strawberry shortcake overnight oats is a healthy and delicious meal prep idea that served for breakfast, midday snack or even as a healthy dessert. The no cook recipe only uses 6 ingredients and takes just 5 minutes to put together.
Make ahead in a mason jar or overnight oats container for a simple grab and go meal that fits well into your busy schedule. Don’t leave home hungry anymore when you have a healthy meal on the run.
The creaminess of soaked oats blends well with the freshness of the strawberries. Strawberries and oats are a perfect combination to resemble the classic shortcake dessert.
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup coconut yogurt
- 6 strawberries, sliced
- 1 tablespoon strawberry-chia jam
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium sized bowl or overnight oats jar, combine the rolled oats, milk, yogurt, strawberry-chia jam and vanilla extract; stir well then fold in the strawberries.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight for a minimum of 12 hours.
- The next morning, give a quick stir and serve cold. Add more sliced strawberries, unsweetened coconut flakes or gluten-free oatmeal crumble topping along with any oatmeal toppings you may desire.
- This recipe is vegan, gluten free and dairy-free!
- Adjust the 2:1 liquid to overnight oats ratio to suit your personal preference.
- Store in the fridge and eat within 5 days of preparation to maintain quality and freshness.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 474Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 52mgCarbohydrates: 68gFiber: 11gSugar: 27gProtein: 12g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.