Let me share one of my new favorite combinations, no bake chocolate oatmeal balls! Whether you eat them for breakfast, midday snack or even for a healthy dessert, this is a decadent treat that you will thoroughly enjoy.
When you begin to explore the available options for no bake oatmeal balls, you come to realize that there are many fun flavor combinations to play around with. Not only are the recipes super easy to make and require zero baking, but you get to combine a variety of beneficial superfoods to help promote a balanced, hearty and wholesome snack idea.
Sweet, savory and nutritious, this bite size meal prep idea has the perfect balance. Cocoa is a superfood that contains high levels of antioxidants, while the health benefit of oats succeed in adding core essentials like plant-based protein, healthy fats and dietary fiber.
Although breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day, a healthy snack can help you maintain the energy that you need to flow through the day. Assemble a batch of no bake chocolate oatmeal balls and then you will have a quick grab and go snack prepared for the times that you need a quick bite to refuel your body.
How to make no bake chocolate oatmeal balls?
As we already know, chocolate and peanut butter a filled with natural sweetness, flavor, and tons of essential vitamins and minerals. They make the perfect addition to oatmeal, so lets grab a handful of staples to make this easy 5-ingredient no bake chocolate oatmeal balls recipe.
You may also like the 5-minute homemade peanut butter recipe! Not only is it easy to make, but it only requires a few ingredients to make a fresh tasting and flavorful nut butter that. Give it a try and you’re sure to fall in love with all the fun add-in variations you can explore like cinnamon, vanilla and chocolate!
No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Balls Ingredients:
- Rolled oats
- Coconut nectar
- Peanut butter
- Cocoa powder
- Coconut oil
- Salt (optional)
This easy to make recipes only requires mixing the 5 ingredients together. Grab a medium sized bowl and mix all of the components.
This mixture is fairly moist, so you should have much difficulty to get the mixture to clump up. However, if you find that it requires extra moisture to get the oats to form a ball, then add a tablespoon of water or a bit more coconut oil.
Use a 1 oz scoop so that you are able to make consisted sized balls. Wet you hands to prevent the mixture from sticking and then you will be able to form bitesized balls.
While the outside of the ball is still moist, roll it in additional cocoa powder to create an imitation chocolate truffle like dessert.
You can play around with the coating to include crushed peanuts and coconut for a crunchy texture. Powdered banana chips would also be fun toppings to experiment with.
No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Balls Tips
No bake chocolate oatmeal balls are an easy and delicious vegan snack idea. Follow this recipe for a gluten-free treat that can be enjoyed at any time of day. Here are tips you should remember next time you’re assembling this no bake oatmeal recipe.
- Rolled oats and quick oats are the perfect type of oats to use in this recipe. Steel cut oats are not recommended for raw food preparations.
- The no bake recipe is vegan and gluten-free if you use dairy-free chocolate chips and gluten free oats.
- If mixture seems too thick when mixing, just add a splash of coconut oil or water to moisten the mixture so that it binds together to make ball shapes.
- If you use a store bought peanut butter, then you may not need any extra sweetness and salt. However, if you’re using the homemade peanut butter recipe, then you may want to sweeten the oat balls with maple syrup, agave, coconut sugar or another sweetener you prefer.
PLAN MORE DELICIOUS NO BAKE OATMEAL BALLS FOR NEXT WEEK:
No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Balls Recipe
Whip up a batch of no bake oatmeal balls for a delicious and healthy snack on the run. Meal prep and store in the fridge for a quick grab and go energy ball that can be eaten during your hectic morning routine, in the afternoon or even as a healthy dessert.
Combine the health benefits of oats with antioxidant rich cocoa. The vegan recipe is packed with plant-based protein, healthy fat, dietary fiber and also essential vitamins and minerals.
The 5-ingredient no cook recipe is super easy to make and only take a few minutes to assemble. Make ahead so that you can have a nutritious snack ready to eat at anytime of day.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup coconut nectar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- In a medium-size bowl, mix together the rolled oats, coconut nectar, peanut butter, 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, coconut oil and salt until fully combined.
- Use a tablespoon size cookie scoop to portion the dough into 16 energy bites
- Wet your hands slightly so that the dough doesn’t stick, and then roll each portion between the palm of your hands to form balls.
- Use the remaining 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder to coat the outside of each oatmeal ball. Place the powder in a small bowl and roll each ball around insider to coat the outer layer.
Make Ahead: No bake chocolate oatmeal balls can be prepared ahead of time. Seal and store in the fridge for a simple meal prep idea. Serve at room temperature for best results.
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 152Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 56mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.