Sweetness, tartness, and nutty flavors all rolled into fresh baked goodness that is great for breakfast or even a mid afternoon snack. Taste crunchy sweetness in every cluster of this cranberry almond granola recipe!
If whole grain oats are not part of your go-to breakfast or afternoon snack routine, then try these homemade granola recipes. Explore the variety of fun oat combinations that serve up a tasty snack, delicious cold cereal or crunchy topping for yogurt and berries!
From apricot pistachio granola to blueberry muffin granola, each recipe is a perfect grab and go to fit into your routine. The healthy eating solutions are satisfying and fulfilling enough to help you feel full and avoid needless snacking.
You will love this cranberry almond granola because…
- Prepare this tasty recipe in just 10 minutes.
- Healthy baked good packed with essential vitamins, minerals and beneficial nutrition.
- Great source of plant based protein, healthy fats, and dietary fiber.
- Balance of sweet, tart and crunchy flavors.
- Almond and cranberry with a crunchy base of hearty whole grain oats. The delightful combination blends tart cranberries with nutty almonds and crunchy granola!
Whether you prefer milk or yogurt with berries, or simply eat a handful by itself, cranberry and almond granola is the perfect meal to keep you going. Make changes to the recipe that best fit your personal preferences, there are many basic modifications to choose from.
How to make cranberry almond granola?
This cranberry almond granola will wow your senses with a balance of irresistible sweetness, tart cranberries and nutty crunch. Gather together a few simple ingredients to quickly assemble this fresh baked recipe.
Cranberry Almond Granola Ingredients:
- Old-fashioned rolled oats
- Unsweetened coconut
- Coconut sugar
- Maple syrup
- Coconut oil
Gather together the dry ingredients except for the raisins in a bowl.
In a separate bowl, mix the maple syrup and coconut oil.
Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir until the oats are fully coated with the liquid.
Spread the mixture evenly onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake the granola at 300°F for about 45 minutes stirring every 10 minutes until the oats are crispy and the edges begin to turn a golden color.
Cranberry Almond Granola Tips:
Mix up your grab and go routine with a hearty helping of cranberry almond granola. Here are some tips to make the tasty treat even more enjoyable.
- Almonds: Nutty taste with delicate crunch, almonds are a beneficial compliment to tart cranberries and sweet granola.
- Cranberries: Cranberries are a nutritious berry that provides a ton a flavor along with a bit of tartness. In addition, harness the essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants provided.
- Oats: Stick with either rolled oats or quick oats when preparing this recipe. Quick oats are thin and have less texture than the rolled oats, so they tend to break up into smaller crumbled pieces. Rolled oats are thicker and larger in size which leads to larger and denser clusters.
- Dried fruit: Dried cranberries are the main attraction in this granola recipe. Dried apples, apricots, citrus, mango and raisins would also enhance the taste is you were looking to make a flavorful addition.
- Nuts: Nuts add nutritional benefits like concentrated amounts of protein, fiber and fats. Hazelnuts, pistachios and walnuts are a few nuts that also compliment the cranberries in this recipe.
- Seeds: Hemp seeds, chia seeds and flaxseeds are some nutritionally dense superfood ingredients to easily add in this preparation.
- Vegan: The recipe is vegan if you avoid using honey as a substitute sweetener.
- Gluten free: Although oats are naturally gluten free, certified oats are recommended. This helps to prevent cross contamination that occurs during the harvesting and packaging of the grain.
- Sweetener: Substitute for your favorite sweetener and use as needed. Agave, coconut sugar, or honey are some of the commonly used options.
- Clusters or crumble: Stir the oat mixture while baking to promote even baking, however this will break up the clusters into smaller crumble pieces. If you prefer large granola clusters, then avoid stirring to much. Gently spread the mixture on the baking sheet so that the edges are exposed and become a light golden hue.
- Storage: Fully dry the granola in the oven until it becomes crisp and crunchy. Store in at room temperature in an airtight container. To ensure freshness, enjoy within 3 weeks of preparation.
LOOKING FOR MORE GRANOLA RECIPES FOR THIS WEEK?
Cranberry Almond Granola Recipe
Cranberry almond granola is a nutty flavored sweet treat. Enjoy this healthy meal prep works as a snack, cereal or topping.
This oven baked recipe is vegan and gluten free! Enjoy a handful of the nutritious snack at anytime of day!
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup cashews
- ¾ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, coconut, coconut sugar and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine maple syrup and coconut oil.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients.
- Spread the mixture onto both sheet pans. Bake for 45 minutes, gently stir every 15 minutes to promote even cooking throughout the batch.
- Remove from oven and add the raisins. Cool to room temperature on the baking sheet. Store in airtight containers for about 3 weeks.
- Make it vegan and gluten free!
- Adjust the amount of sweetness if necessary.
- Store inside an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
Serving Size:½ cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 261Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 158mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 4gSugar: 15gProtein: 5g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.