Is blueberry chia jam good for you? Making blueberry jam with chia seeds is rich in antioxidant and a healthy home run in flavor. Ditch the added sugar when making blueberry chia jam and prepare this simple recipe in only 5 minutes.
This is a healthy jam option because chia seeds are loaded with fiber, antioxidants and vitamin essentials. It makes you feel full, helps with blood sugar regulations and also improves digestion.
Easy Blueberry Chia Jam Recipe
This 5 minute blueberry chia jam recipe is really delicious! We cover the steps you need to follow and the tips for making the jam into the consistency you are looking for.
The lemon zest and juice offers additional complexity to the jam. I also love to use apple pie spice in this recipe because it boasts an intricate blend of spices. However, you can definitely use cinnamon as a substitute.
The blueberry chia jam recipe only requires a few ingredients. It’s packed with flavor and is a spreadable consistency that you will enjoy on toast, pancakes or on your favorite oatmeal recipes.
- 3 cups blueberries
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon apple pie spice
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- In a medium saucepan, boil the blueberries, lemon juice, and vanilla for 3 minutes. Stir while cooking and gently mash the blueberries as they soften.
- Remove from the heat and add the maple syrup, apple pie spice, lemon zest and salt.
- Transfer to a glass jar and then stir in the chia seeds so that none are left in the pan.
- Let the blueberry chia jam cool, then cover and store in the fridge for at least an hour to let the jam firm.
If the jam doesn’t firm up enough, then stir in another tablespoon of chia seeds.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 138Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 6gSugar: 17gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.