Looking for a quick and easy breakfast on-the-go that actually keeps you feeling full all day long? Plan your healthy meal plan for the week by starting with this flavor packed apple chia overnight oats recipe.
It will help you focus on eating a nutritious and wholesome breakfast on a regular basis! Chia seeds have a smooth and creamy taste that also packs the meal full of flavor.
Aside from being extremely nutritious, oats and fresh apple go together extremely well in this classic combination.
Change it up your regular routine with the best 14 apple overnight oats recipes. Easily add chia seed for more crunch and bit extra protein as you need throughout the week.
From apple crumble overnight oats to caramel apple overnight oats, we’ve made all tasty oatmeal recipes. Make ahead breakfasts with chia seeds can become your new go-to source of protein.
How to make apple chia overnight oats?
I used a small honeycrisp apple for this recipe. The crunchy and juicy type of apple works best for this recipe because it will give you the crispy bite you’ll enjoy most.
Dry chia seeds can also be used to top your overnight oats to give the extra crunchiness. Since, chia seeds don’t have a ton of flavor on their own, be creative to add spices, chopped apples, nuts, and any other toppings you’d like to personalize your oatmeal for the day.
What is the best way to eat chia seeds? Even though chia seeds are small size, they are an excellent source of fiber, iron, calcium, and rich in antioxidants.
However, the best way to eat chia seeds is by adding inside oatmeal or yogurt so that the hydrate and swell up with flavor. Furthermore, the swollen chia seeds are easier to chew and digest.
Plan your grocery list accordingly! Here is what you need to make apple chia overnight oats for the entire workweek:
Apple chia overnight oatmeal ingredients:
- Rolled oats
- Any liquid of your choice
- Maple syrup
- Apple pie spice
- Vanilla extract
- Sea salt
- Chia seeds
In a mason jar, add all the ingredients and the liquid of your choice before stirring well. Make sure the chia seeds don’t clump up and are well soaked. Then, cover to refrigerate for a minimum of 12 hours.
The mixture will thicken and the oats will soften into chewy deliciousness. In addition, the chia seeds will be swollen with a slight crisp at the core.
To serve, top the soaked oats with chopped pecans and diced apples. Viola, it’s ready to eat whenever you feel!
Apple Chia Overnight Oats Tips:
Use these tips to guide you towards a filling and delicious apple chia overnight oats every morning. Start your morning with an energetic boost from this nutrition packed meals:
- Add chopped dates and candied ginger for extra sweetness instead of using maple syrup all the time.
- Serve chilled or warm it up in the microwave to change the overall taste.
- For a varied creamy taste and texture, add your favorite yogurt to this recipe.
- Make extra and store the remaining batch of oats in the fridge for up to 4 to 5 days in a sealed mason jar.
- Include a scoop of protein powder or cottage cheese inside your breakfast overnight oatmeal on a workout day.
You may also enjoy these apple oatmeal recipes:
Apple Chia Overnight Oats Recipe
When you're looking for a bit more crunch, then grab a jar full of apple chia overnight oats. Chia seeds add that extra bit of gelatinous coated texture that make this dish even more enjoyable.
When in doubt, meal prep a few jars and you will be all set for the busy week ahead. Change up the topping, and its guaranteed that you will never get bored of eating this magical make ahead meal.
Grab an overnight oat container for a grab and go breakfast or even a middle of the day snack. Whenever you're in need of some extra fuel, satisfy your craving with overnight oats.
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup grated apple (1 small apple)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon apple pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- In a medium-sized bowl or overnight oats container, add the oats, grated apple,
chia seeds, maple syrup, apple pie spice, vanilla and salt.
- Then, add the almond milk and mix well so the chia seeds don’t clump together.
- Cover and store overnight in the refrigerator for 12 to 24 hours before consuming. Serve chilled or gently warm it up. Top with freshly grated or diced apples, and any of your favorite oatmeal toppings.
- The consistency of this overnight oatmeal ratio results in a thick spoonable oatmeal. For a creamy porridge-like oatmeal, stir in additional liquid to thin out the mixture right before serving.
- This recipe is vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free! If you’re looking to avoid almonds because of a nut-allergy, then try water or even apple juice will go well too.
- For freshness and to ensure ingredients don’t spoil, this overnight oats recipe should be consumed within 4-5 days of preparation. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 323Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 144mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 10gSugar: 19gProtein: 8g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
Monday 26th of July 2021
How much lemon or apple cider vinegar is needed and when do I add this? In a previous blog, you mentioned phytic acid and the need for the above. I'm looking forward to trying this recipe. Thanks for caring and sharing.
Monday 26th of July 2021
Hello Caroline, In my experience, a tablespoon of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar doesn't impact that very much, and can significantly benefit in reducing the phytic acid. If you would like to read more, here is a post about how to reduce phytic acid in overnight oats. Hope this helps answer your question, don't hesitate to reach out for further info. Kindly, Joshua