Take your whole grain oats to the next level with this oatmeal smoothie recipe made with dairy free milk, yogurt and cream cheese combined with sweet and spice flavorings. It tastes just like a cinnamon roll in a liquid form!
Blending oats into a smoothie is a great way to increase fiber intake, while nursing your body with a wholesome, tasty and fulfilling meal. Here are easy oatmeal smoothies that are inspired by your favorite blended beverages.
From caramel apple oatmeal smoothie to chocolate covered strawberry oatmeal smoothie, we’ve rounded up the best tasting blended drinks for you to thrive during the busy workweek. Save money and gulp down healthy eats while maintaining a temptation-free attitude towards sugar filled drinks at the local juice bar.
You will love this cinnamon roll oatmeal smoothie because…
- Takes just 5 minutes to prepare.
- Packed with nutritional elements like protein, fiber and healthy fats. All around healthy breakfast idea that’ll keep you feeling full all morning!
- Just the right amount of sweetness, creaminess and spice.
- Tastes just like you put a cinnamon roll in the blender. The cream cheese frosting and cinnamon sugar combine super well with the hearty oatmeal base, its delicious!
If you’re short on time, looking for a grab and go breakfast or simply want to snazzy up your morning routine, look no further than this cinnamon roll oatmeal smoothie.
How to make cinnamon roll oatmeal smoothie?
Making this smoothie couldn’t be any easier. When you eat a freshly baked cinnamon roll, the frosting is generally served on top, and not blended into the actual dough.
We’re going to mimic that same feature and swirl the cream cheese frosting into the smoothie base for a unique burst of creamy flavor. Gather together the handful of ingredients and follow along.
Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal Smoothie Ingredients:
- Rolled oats
- Almond milk
- Brown sugar
- Cream cheese
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
Make the smoothie base by blending the rolled oats, milk, yogurt, brown sugar, cinnamon and banana. Blend until velvety smooth; pour into a glass.
To assemble the cream cheese frosting, soften the cream cheese to room temperature so that it is easy to work with. In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese with a splash of milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract until the frosting is smooth.
Top the cinnamon roll smoothie with the cream cheese frosting for a sweet and creamy treat.
Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal Smoothie Tips
There are a few additional tips and tricks to making this the best cinnamon roll smoothie you have ever had. Slight adjustments will ensure you have an enjoyable experience that is good until the last drop.
- Frozen banana: The banana is an optional ingredient that adds creaminess and can be used either fresh or frozen. Using frozen fruits will eliminate the need to use ice if you are looking for a cold blended beverage. And creamy = delicious!
- Oats: For a smooth and silky texture, rolled oats or quick oats are the preferred type of oats for this preparation. Raw steel-cut oats aren’t recommended for blending.
- Vegan: Substitute dairy free alternatives for the milk, yogurt and cream cheese.
- Gluten free: Although oats are gluten free, it’s recommended to use certified oats if you are on a strict wheat free diet.
- Protein powder: Enhance the available nutrition by adding a scoop of protein powder to this blended drink. Use your favorite brand of unflavored or vanilla protein powder.
- Sweetness: Adjust the sweetness to accommodate your sweet tooth craving. There is a subtle balance of sweet taste in the oatmeal base and the frosting on top.
- Consistency: Add a few ice cubes or a splash of liquid to loosen up the mixture if the viscosity is too thick for your preference.
- Make ahead: Meal prep ahead of time. If it thickens when stored in the fridge, loosen up the consistency with a splash of milk and give it a quick stir.
- Storage: To ensure freshness, the no cook oatmeal smoothie is good for about 3 days when kept in the fridge or 1 month if stored in the freezer.
Cinnamon roll oatmeal smoothie is a sweet tasting copycat of the bakery classic. Give your body an energy boost with the benefits of whole grain oats that are packed with available nutrition.
There is a perfect balance between sweet, spice and the heartiness of oatmeal. This make ahead meal prep can be stored overnight in the fridge for a tasty grab and go breakfast smoothie.
- ⅓ cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 banana (fresh or frozen)
- 1 oz cream cheese
- 1 oz vanilla almond milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the almond milk, oats, yogurt, brown sugar, cinnamon and banana in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a glass or store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- To make the frosting swirl, soften the cream cheese to room temperature so it’s easy to work with. In a small bowl, mix the soft cream cheese with a splash of milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Pour the frosting on top of the smoothie base and then swirl in the frosting using a straw or spoon. This will create a variance of flavor throughout the cinnamon roll smoothie.
Make it vegan and gluten free!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 551Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 287mgCarbohydrates: 95gFiber: 7gSugar: 61gProtein: 13g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.