Vanilla and almond granola is magically delicious with endless possibilities for creative uses as a topping, snack or cold cereal. Blend in different add-ins so that you never get bored eating the same exact taste over and over again.
It isn’t always easy to find a healthy breakfast or afternoon snacks that tastes great and can be prepared in just a few minutes. Here at Simply Oatmeal, we’ve put together homemade granola that will fill you up with wholesome goodness.
Oats a natural source of plant based protein, dietary fiber, and beneficial antioxidants. This superfood rich whole grain is totally delicious when prepared the right way. From banana bread granola to mint chocolate granola, each recipe is guaranteed to satisfy your cravings for something delicious.
You will love this french vanilla almond granola because…
- Only need 10 minutes to prepare the oven baked recipe.
- Healthy meal prep packed with nutritious ingredients.
- Contains plant based protein, dietary fiber and healthy fats for a well balanced meal prep.
- Perfect amount of sweet, savory and aromatic goodness.
- Hearty oatmeal crunch blends well with the vanilla and almond, the flavor is simply delicious!
Looking for a delicious snack idea or healthy breakfast recipe? French vanilla almond granola takes less than 10 minutes to prepare, and results in a fulfilling meal prep that can be eaten at any time of day!
Not only does the oven baked granola include the healthy benefits of oats, but it taste incredible. This recipe only takes a few minutes to prepare, and the fresh baked taste fills your home with a beautiful aroma.
How to make french vanilla almond granola?
Preparing french vanilla almond granola is as easy as counting one, two, three. In just a few minutes, you are able to gather together the ingredients required to assemble the grab and go meal prep.
A hearty serving of granola is ready when you’re hungry, simply reach into the pantry and grab a handful of the crunchy treat. Grab these fixings and let’s make the magic happen.
French Vanilla Almond Granola Ingredients:
- Old fashioned rolled oats
- Maple syrup
- Coconut oil
- Vanilla extract
- Almond extract
In a medium sized bowl, combine the oats, almonds, cinnamon and salt. Stir well.
In a small bowl, mix together the maple syrup, melted coconut oil, almond extract and vanilla extract.
Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients so that the oats are fully coated with the mixture.
Pour the mix onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350°F for about 25 minutes and rotate the pan halfway through.
Cool to room temperature before storing in an airtight container.
French Vanilla Almond Granola Tips:
Vanilla and almond are the perfect combination for oven baked granola. Enjoy the delectably delicious crunchy oats with some added help from these tips that are guaranteed to make the meal prep even more fresh.
- Oats: Use rolled oats or quick oats for this oven baked recipe. Rolled oats have more texture and crunchy when baked. Quick oats get crispy but result in smaller crumbly pieces.
- Dried fruit: Apple, apricots, cherries, cranberries, dates, figs, and raisin are some dried fruit options to consider adding to the crunchy granola. Add any dried fruit after the granola is baked and cooled to room temperature.
- Nuts: Almonds are the primary nut in this granola recipe. However, you can consider adding a small amount of complimentary nuts like shredded coconut, hazelnuts, pecans, pine nuts and walnuts.
- Vegan: This is a vegan recipe.
- Gluten free: Certified gluten free oats are recommended even though oats are gluten free. This helps to avoid the undesirable cross contamination from gluten containing grains during harvest and packaging.
- Sweetener: Sweeten the oven baked oats by adjusting the maple syrup as needed. Substitute for sugar, agave or your favorite sweetener. Avoid using any honey to keep this as a vegan recipe.
- Clusters or crumble: Stirring the oats while baking promotes even crunch, however it breaks apart the clusters into small crumbles. If you prefer large clusters of granola, don’t stir while baking and simply rotate the pan to promote even cooking.
- Storage: Make a large batch and store in airtight container. Granola will last for up to 3 weeks at room temperature.
Sweet and crunchy granola exploding with the flavor of vanilla and almonds. Healthy homemade granola is easy to make, so ditch that store bought package for fresh baked goodness! This recipe is both vegan and gluten free.
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Toss the oats, almonds, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, coconut oil, almond extract and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and toss to full coat the oats.
- Spread onto both prepared baking sheets and bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Cool the granola to room temperature before storing in an airtight container.
- Make it vegan and gluten free!
- Adjust the amount of sweetness if necessary.
- Store inside an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
Serving Size:½ cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 157Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 35mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.