Lemon and strawberry combine together magically with endless possibilities of add-ins and flavorings. Blend in different toppings and you will never get bored eating the same exact taste.
It isn’t always easy to find a healthy breakfast on the run or afternoon snacks that tastes great. Here at Simply Oatmeal, we’ve put together the best lemon overnight oats that will fill up up with wholesome goodness.
Looking for a delicious snack idea or healthy breakfast idea?From blueberry lemon overnight oats to pink lemonade overnight oats, each recipe is guaranteed to satisfy your cravings.
You will love this lemon strawberry overnight oats because…
- Only need 5 minutes to prepare the no cook recipe.
- Healthy meal prep packed with wholesome nutrition.
- Contains plant based protein, dietary fiber and healthy fats for a well balanced meal.
- Perfect amount of sweet, tart and creamy goodness.
- Resembles the taste of a tangy strawberry pie with a hearty oatmeal base, the flavor is simply delicious!
Not only are oats packed with health benefits like plant based protein, soluble and insoluble fiber, and beneficial antioxidants, but this superfood rich ingredient is totally delicious when prepared the right way. Lemon strawberry overnight oats takes less than 5 minutes to prepare, and results in a fulfilling meal that can be eaten at any time of day!
Garnish with fresh and frozen berries, a sprinkle of cinnamon and toasted nuts for an extra crunchy texture. A few mini chocolate chips will make the meal prep extra special!
How to make lemon strawberry overnight oats?
Preparing lemon strawberry overnight oats is as easy as counting one, two, three. In just a few minutes, you are able to gather them ingredients and assemble the grab and go meal prep for the next day.
A hearty serving of overnight oatmeal is ready when you’re hungry, simply reach into the fridge. If you have an extra lemon handy, then grab these fixings to make the magic happen.
Lemon Strawberry Overnight Oats Ingredients:
- Old fashioned rolled oats
- Coconut milk
- Chia seeds
- Vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
In mason jar, add all of the ingredients except the diced strawberries. Mix everything really well, then fold in the delicate strawberries.
Cover with a lid and refrigerate for at least 12 hours to soak the oats and meld the flavors together.
Serve hot or cold, give it a quick stir and then garnish the top with fresh berries, crushed nuts or a zest of lemon. Enjoy!
Lemon Strawberry Overnight Oats Tips:
Strawberry and lemon are the perfect combination for overnight oatmeal. Enjoy the delectably delicious soaked oats with some added help from these tips to make the meal prep even more fresh and nutritious for each serving.
- Lemon: Lemon juice adds a refreshing tang in addition to being a powerful immunity booster. Fresh lemon juice is available in the juice aisle at the market, but it’s best to use a whole lemon. Not only does it taste much fresher, but you also have the zest of the lemon.
- Strawberry: Strawberries are packed with tons of flavor and wholesome nutrition. From antioxidants to essential vitamins and minerals, strawberries are a beneficial compliment to a healthy routine.
- Oats: Use rolled oats instead of steel cut oats or quick oats for this no cook oatmeal recipe. Rolled oats balance the soft and crunchy textures when soaked. Steel cut oats tend to be very chewy and quick oats get very mushy in soaked preparations.
- Liquid ratio: If oatmeal seems too thick, then add a splash of liquid too thin it out when serving. The 2:1 liquid to oats overnight oatmeal water ratio is a good guideline to follow, but there are a few variables that affect the outcome.
- Yogurt: A scoop of yogurt will make the oats extra creamy while also increasing the protein and fat content. Use a dairy free yogurt alternative if you desire.
- Chia seeds: Chia seeds swell up into tiny jelly like balls when hydrated. They provide an interesting chewy texture because each one pops in your mouth when you chew on it. Stir the chia seeds well so that they don’t clump together inside the oatmeal. Chia seeds absorb extra liquid, so they may thicken the mixture when stored overnight. Adjust the consistency with a splash of liquid and a quick stir.
- Vegan: Replace the honey with a natural sweetener like maple syrup, coconut sugar or brown sugar. Furthermore, use a dairy free milk and yogurt when preparing this vegan recipe.
- Gluten free: Certified gluten free oats are recommended for a strict wheat free diet even though oats are gluten free.
- Protein powder: Protein powder is a great addition for a post workout energy boost. A scoop of protein powder will increase the amount of available nutrition. Use your favorite brand of unflavored or vanilla powder for a taste that compliments the recipe.
- Sweetener: Sweeten the no cook oats to your personal preference by adjusting the amount of honey or sweetener you choose to substitute with.
- Give it a stir: Stir the soaked oats really well before adding any toppings and serving. This will combine the soft layer at the bottom with the crunchier parts of top.
- Add-ins: Crunchy ingredients complement the soft texture of the creamy soaked oats. Garnish with fresh fruit, dried fruit and chopped nuts, or check out this list of 75+ oatmeal toppings for some delicious inspirations.
- Storage: Make a large batch and store individual servings in separate mason jars. Overnight oats will last for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Strawberry lemon overnight oats offers a healthy balance of hearty oats, tart lemon and sweet strawberries. The flavors blend well together and mimic a slice of strawberry pie.
Enjoy the health benefits of oats while activating your body with immunity boosting energy. Avoid the empty calories of a sugar filled beverages, instead opt for a delicious and wholesome serving of no cook oats.
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup fresh or frozen strawberries, diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- In medium sized bowl or overnight oats container, add all of the ingredients except the diced strawberries. Stir well to fully combine the mixture, and then fold in the strawberries because they are much more delicate.
- Cover with a lid and place in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours. Allow the oats to soak up the liquid and meld the flavors together.
- Serve hot or cold. Give the soaked oats a quick stir before garnishing the top with fresh berries, crushed nuts or lemon zest. Enjoy!
- Make it vegan and gluten free!
- Adjust the consistency and sweetness if necessary.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 382Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 170mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 11gSugar: 25gProtein: 14g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.