Lemon and overnight oats make a velvety mouthwatering meal prep. Tartness of lemons with add sweetness compliment the oats to make a perfect combination for your next grab and go meal.
The mouthwatering flavor combination of lemon juice and hearty oats is zesty, tangy and packs a punch; these lemon overnight oats recipes are guaranteed to knock your socks off.
Whether you like to eat hot or cold oatmeal, we have created recipes you are definitely going to enjoy. From pink lemonade overnight oats to gingerade lemonade overnight oats, every bite will quench you hunger pains with a fulfilling boost of energy.
You will love this lemonade overnight oats because…
- 5 minutes is all it takes to prepare the no cook recipe.
- Healthy recipe packed with wholesome nutrition.
- Well balanced meal containing plant based protein, dietary fiber and healthy fats.
- Perfect combination of sweetness, tartness and creamy deliciousness.
- Resembles the taste of a tangy lemon meringue pie with a hearty oatmeal background and far less added sugars. The zesty flavor is simply delicious!
Stick to your gluten-free and vegan diet with the help of this delicious recipe. The health benefits of oats are a noteworthy addition to any wholesome and nutritious diet, especially when you include the immunity boost of fresh squeezed lemon.
Whether you are looking to change up your breakfast routine, or need a brand new afternoon snack idea to tide you over until dinner, we have the solution for you! Learn how to make this lemonade overnight oatmeal recipe!
How to make lemonade overnight oats?
Lemonade overnight oats are an easy twist on the classic beverage. Fill your body with whole nutrition rather than sugary drinks that are full of empty calories. Prepare the make ahead meal prep with only 5 basic ingredients:
Lemonade Overnight Oats Ingredients:
- Rolled oats
- Coconut milk
- Coconut yogurt
- Coconut sugar
In a mason jar with a lid, combine all of the ingredients. Zest the lemon first, and then juice it. Stir well so that everything mixes together. Cover with a lid and place the container in the refrigerator to soak overnight.
When you wake up in the morning, open the container and give the oats a quick stir. Garnish with your favorite oatmeal toppings!
Explore fun new topping combinations like raspberries, a scoop of nut butter, sliced almonds or even a sprinkle of ground cinnamon powder to create endless flavor options.
Lemonade Overnight Oats Tips:
Make a large batch of no cook oatmeal for the week and store individual portions in airtight containers. As a result, you have grab and go meals ready when you need them most. Here are recommended tips to make your lemonade overnight oats taste fresh so that you enjoy every single spoonful:
- Lemon: In addition to being a powerful immunity booster, fresh lemon juice adds a zesty tang to your no cook oatmeal. Quality lemon juice is available in the juice aisle at the market, but a whole lemon still produces the best results. Not only is it noticeably fresher, but you can also zest the lemon before juicing.
- Oats: Rolled oats are recommended for making this no cook recipe. Steel cut oats are very difficult to chew when not fully cooked, and quick oats get very mushy when soaked overnight.
- Liquid ratio: 2:1 liquid to oats water ratio is a general guideline for preparing a porridge style overnight oats. Let the oats soak for a minimum of 12 hours for a delicious and nutritious meal!
- Yogurt: Yogurt will make the oats extra creamy., use a dairy free alternative if you prefer.
- Seeds: Hemp seed, chia seed or flaxseed can be added for additional superfood nutrition.
- Vegan: Use any dairy free milk and yogurt alternative when preparing to keep this recipe vegan.
- Gluten free: If you are on a strict wheat free diet, certified gluten free oats are recommended even though oats are naturally gluten free.
- Protein powder: Include protein powder if you are looking for an additional boost of nutrition.
- Sweetener: Sweeten the no cook oats by adjusting the brown coconut sugar as necessary.
- Give it a stir: If the mixture is thick and pasty when serving, don’t be afraid to add a splash of liquid if needed. Give the oats a good stir. to combine the soft bottom with the crunch parts on top.
- Add-ins: Crunchy ingredients complement the creamy texture of the soaked oats. Garnish with fresh fruit, dried fruit and chopped nuts, or check out this list of 75+ oatmeal toppings for a long list of inspirations.
- Storage: Try the best overnight oats jars to store make ahead meals for the busy week ahead. Place in the fridge for up to 5 days to maintain freshness.
LOOKING FOR MORE STARBUCKS DRINKS OVERNIGHT OATS FOR THIS WEEK?
Lemonade Overnight Oats Recipe
Lemonade overnight oats combines the bold flavor of lemon with the delicious sweetness of brown sugar and creamy coconut milk. This fulfilling meal is guaranteed to quench your hunger and satisfy your need for something sweet.
Take your meal prep to the next level with this decadent and fulfilling healthy recipe. Next time you need a quick boost of energy, reach into the fridge for a serving of this delicious no cook meal.
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ unsweetened coconut milk
- ¼ cup coconut yogurt
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon brown coconut sugar
- In a medium sized bowl or overnight oats jar, combine all of the ingredients. Zest the lemon before juicing so that you get the best of both tastes.
- Stir well so that everything mixes together, then cover with a lid and store in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
- To serve, open the container and give the oats a good stir to combine the soft bottom and crunchy top. Garnish with your favorite oatmeal toppings like crushed nuts, fresh fruit or crunchy granola!
- Make it vegan and gluten free!
- Adjust the consistency and sweetness if necessary.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 283Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 49mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 5gSugar: 24gProtein: 8g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.