Do you like chocolate covered banana as dessert? Great! Here is a chocolate banana overnight oats recipe for you so that you don’t need to feel guilty having sweets as a first meal of the day.
When making this no cook oatmeal, make sure the banana is fully ripe to enhance the most banana flavor and natural sweetness to the oats. In this recipe we are using a ripe banana. If you are meal prepping for the week, use the other half to make another of the best banana overnight oats so that you have a variety of breakfast ideas.
Try the banana foster overnight oats and mocha banana overnight oats for some more fun ways to eat oatmeal and never get tired of it. Always make finger-licking no cook oats and be creative when it comes to fun oatmeal topping ideas.
There is just something special about mixing bananas and chocolate together. This classic combination is filled with rich, chocolaty goodness that is just off the chart delicious! Beside that, oats and oatmeal offer a tremendous number of benefits when eaten on a regular basis.
How to make chocolate banana overnight oats?
Eating banana a day is great morning meal or snack to keep the day rolling smoothly. Make ahead chocolate banana overnight oats will be your new go-to meal prep to keep you full throughout the day!
Chocolate Banana Oats Ingredients:
- Regular rolled oats
- Mashed banana
- Liquid of your choice
- Cottage cheese
- Chia seeds
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
Cut a ripped banana into slices and mash it with a fork at the bottom of a small bowl or mason jar.
Along with the mashed banana, add the oats, milk, cottage cheese, chia seeds, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and pinch of salt. Stir well to combine and secure with a lid. Keep in the fridge for a minimum of 12 hours before eating.
Next morning, stir the mixture onetime to mix the soft bottom with the chewy top layer. If the oats texture is too thick or pasty, add a splash more liquid before serving.
Top with fresh banana slices, cocoa nibs and sliced almonds or oatmeal toppings you prefer to enjoy.
Chocolate Banana Overnight Oats Tips
Chocolate banana overnight oats is a sweet-tooth problem solver that is sure to become everyone’s new favorite! Make yourself a batch and keep these tips in mind so that you are guaranteed to enjoy each spoonful of no cook oatmeal.
- To make the oatmeal an even better post workout meal, add a spoon of chocolate flavored protein powder when assembling overnight oats.
- Always choose old-fashioned rolled oats instead of quick oats when soaking oats overnight. Quick oats are much thinner and get extremely mushy when soaked for too long. Rolled outs retain their shape and have a bit of bite and chewy texture.
- Make it vegan by substituting non-dairy alternatives in place of the milk and cottage cheese.
- Add a scoop of Greek yogurt to make a creamy texture. Add banana or chocolate flavored yogurt to make the oats even more flavorful.
- Store in no cook oats in mason jars for a to-go breakfast or snack idea. Keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Stir in almond butter or sunflower seed butter to add creaminess, healthy fats and additional protein.
ADDITIONAL BANANA OATMEAL RECIPES:
Chocolate Banana Overnight Oats Recipe
Chocolate and banana overnight oats is a classic flavor combination that won’t disappoint. No cook oatmeal is easy to prepare, makes a delicious meal and is packed with nutrition that will help you sustain that busy schedule.
Meal prep is easy, and the grab and go breakfast will keep you feeling full all day long. No matter what time of day you eat the meal on the run, it’s guaranteed to satisfy your cravings
If you’re looking for something sweet and savory, no cook chocolate banana oatmeal will become a go-to favorite. Mash a banana, mix with chocolate and oats for a dreamy meal that everyone will be jealous of.
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- In a mason jar or medium sized bowl, smash the banana at the
bottom of the container with a fork.
- Then, add the remainder of ingredients. Mix well and cover with
- Place in the fridge overnight for at least 12 hours before
- In the morning, add sliced banana, a scoop of nut butter, a
sprinkle of cinnamon or your desired oatmeal toppings.
The smashed banana and cottage cheese really thickens the oat mixture. Loosen up the 2:1 overnight oats water ratio by adding a splash of milk just before serving.
To make this recipe vegan, substitute non-dairy alternatives for the milk and cottage cheese.
For maintained freshness, eat the no cook oatmeal within 5 days of preparing to make sure the ingredients don’t spoil.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 510Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 597mgCarbohydrates: 72gFiber: 12gSugar: 18gProtein: 26g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
Monday 27th of February 2023
MY VEGAN RECIPE FOR THIS ONE IS WITH CASHEW MILK AND CRUMBLED COTTAGE TOFU.😋