Mocha and banana overnight oats is mind-blowing delicious. If drinking mocha is your go-to morning routine, then the combination of chocolate, coffee and oats is what you need to start the morning off in the right direction.
If you purchase bananas in bulk and don’t know what to do with them,, use them to make delicious and easy banana overnight oats for the week. They stay fresh for up to 5 days and are a great meal prep idea to keep you feeling full all day long.
From cocoa banana overnight oats to chocolate banana overnight oats, there are so many ways to keep bananas busy. Try for yourself and let us know what you think!
The deep rich flavor of coffee blended with creamy and nutty oats gives you instant fuel and satisfaction. This mocha banana overnight oatmeal will be your new favorite breakfast idea.
Soaking oats in coffee makes a healthy and fulfilling meal that is also packed with caffeine. So, no need to look for sugary drinks from the coffee shop anymore!
How to make mocha banana overnight oats?
If you don’t have time to make breakfast in the morning, then learn how to make mocha banana overnight oats here at Simply Oatmeal. The recipe requires zero cooking skills, just grab the list of ingredients below, assemble in just a few easy steps, and then let the magic happen!
Mocha Banana Overnight Oats Ingredients:
- Old fashioned oats
- Greek yogurt
- Chia seeds
- Cocoa powder
- Mini chocolate chips
Combine the rolled oats, coffee, Greek yogurt, banana, chia seeds, cocoa powder, and 2 teaspoons of mini chocolate chips in a mason jar.
Use a spoon to mix the top and bottom to combine the oats mixture. If your jar isn’t big enough, then mix everything together in a bowl and transfer into a mason jar afterwards. Refrigerate overnight for at least 12 hours.
Before eating, top with any additional toppings you like sliced banana, whipped cream, spoonful of yogurt, sprinkle of cocoa powder, dash of cinnamon and the remaining 1 teaspoon of mini chocolate chips. You can also top with cacao nibs, chopped nuts or banana chips for a crunchy texture, the list of oatmeal toppings is truly endless!
Mocha Banana Overnight Oats Tips
These mocha banana overnight oats let you start your day off with a taste of rich chocolate and a little bit of coffee to keep you satisfied and instantly wake up. Keep these tips in mind so that you make your no cook oatmeal delicious as always.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days so that they are grab and go ready for breakfast or afternoon snack for the day.
- To make this recipe sweeter, add extra mini chocolate chips or even drizzle with maple syrup.
- If the mixture seems too thick when serving, add more yogurt or liquid to make it porridge style.
- Substitute hot coffee with cold brewed coffee or even store-bought flavored coffee, latte or your favorite choice to make the oats base even more flavorful.
- Always stir before topping the no cook oatmeal and serving. The bottom of the oats tends to be pretty mushy compared to the top where there is a slightly crunchy texture left on the surface.
MORE BANANA OVERNIGHT OATS INSPIRATION:
- Brown Sugar Banana Overnight Oats
- Chocolate Chip Banana Overnight Oats
- Raspberry Banana Overnight Oats
Brighten up your morning routine with a healthy serving of mocha banana overnight oats. Not only is the no cook oatmeal delicious, but it also packed with the nutritional benefits of oats and fiber rich banana.
Start the day off with mocha banana overnight oatmeal in a mason jar or meal prep container. This whole meal is full of plant-based protein, insoluble and soluble fiber, essential vitamins and antioxidants.
The combination of sweet and savory is not only a great breakfast idea, but it also works as a midday snack. There is the same amount of caffeine as a normal cup of coffee, so you will welcome the energy boost.
- ½ cup old-fashioned oats
- ¾ cup cold brew coffee
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ banana, diced
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
- In an overnight oats container or medium sized bowl, combine the rolled oats, cold brewed coffee, Greek yogurt, banana, chia seeds, cocoa powder, and 2 teaspoons of mini chocolate chips.
- Give the mixture a good stir, and then cover with a lid.
- Refrigerate overnight for a minimum of 12 hours.
- To serve, top the no cook oatmeal with a dollop of yogurt, sliced banana, the remaining 1 tsp mini chocolate chips, a sprinkle of cinnamon or your preferred oatmeal toppings.
- This recipe can be made vegan by simply using a nondairy plant-based yogurt alternative and also selecting vegan chocolate chips.
- Adjust the 2:1 liquid to overnight oats ratio for a thicker or thinner consistency. For a porridge-style oatmeal, add a splash more liquid just before serving and give the oats a good stir.
- Eat within 5 days of preparing to ensure quality and freshness.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 373Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 30mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 11gSugar: 15gProtein: 15g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.