Looking for a delicious snack idea or no cook breakfast recipe to eat on a busy day? Salted caramel mocha overnight oats only requires 7 ingredients and less than 5 minutes to prepare a fulfilling meal that can be eaten at any time of day!
It isn’t always easy to find grab and go breakfast items or afternoon snacks that taste great and will fill you up. Here at Simply Oatmeal, we’ve put together the best Starbucks drinks overnight oats to inspire you with healthy recipes for the entire week.
Not only are oats packed with protein, fiber and antioxidants, but this superfood rich meal is totally delicious. From white chocolate mocha overnight oats to strawberry pink drink overnight oats, each recipe is guaranteed to satisfy your cravings.
Simply assemble a batch of salted caramel mocha overnight oats to achieve endless possibilities. Blend in different add-ins and toppings so that you never get bored eating the same flavor combination.
Garnish with fresh and frozen fruits, a sprinkle of cinnamon and toasted nuts for extra protein. Consider adding a few mini chocolate chips to make the meal taste extra special.
How to make salted caramel mocha overnight oats?
Assembling salted caramel mocha overnight oats is as easy as one, two, three. In just a few minutes the grab and go meal prep is ready for the next day.
When you’re hungry, simply reach into the fridge for a hearty serving of overnight oatmeal. If you have a squeeze bottle of caramel sauce leftover from the ice cream sundae party, then grab these fixings to make the magic happen.
Salted Caramel Mocha Overnight Oats Ingredients:
- Old fashioned rolled oats
- Half and half
- Cocoa powder
- Caramel sauce
- Vanilla extract
- Sea salt
In mason jar, assemble oats, coffee, half and half, cocoa powder, half of the caramel sauce and vanilla extract. Mix everything together really well.
Cover with a lid and refrigerate for 12 hours to soak the oats and meld the flavors together.
Serve hot or cold, and finish the top with a drizzle of the remaining caramel sauce and a pinch of sea salt for a salty and sweet combination!
Salted Caramel Mocha Overnight Oats Tips:
Salted caramel, coffee and chocolate are the perfect combination for overnight oatmeal. Enjoy your delectably soaked oats with help from these tips to make the meal prep even more tasty and delicious.
- Use rolled oats instead of steel cut oats or quick oats when making this overnight oatmeal recipe. Rolled oat provides a nice balance of soft and crunchy texture when soaked overnight. Steel cut oats tend to be overly chewy when only soaked for one night and quick oats get very mushy when soaked.
- Although oats are gluten free, it’s recommended to purchase certified gluten free if you follow a strict wheat free diet.
- If the mixture seems too thick, then add more liquid too thin it out when serving. The overnight oatmeal water ratio of 2:1 liquid to oats is a good guideline to follow.
- Make a large batch and store each serving in separate mason jars for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
- Add a scoop of Greek yogurt to make it extra creamy and also increase the amount of protein.
- Sweeten the no cook oats to your personal preference by adjusting the amount of caramel sauce.
- Protein powder or chia seeds are a great addition for a post workout energy boost.
Salted caramel mocha overnight oats offers a good balance of hearty oats, strong coffee, rich chocolate and sweet caramel. The flavors blend well together and mimic the coffee shop specialty.
Enjoy the health benefits of oats while activating your body with a boost of caffeine energy. Avoid the empty calories of a sugar beverage, opt for a serving of delicious and wholesome no cook oats instead.
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup cold brew coffee
- 1 tablespoon half and half
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons caramel sauce
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- In a medium sized bowl or overnight oats jar, combine the rolled oats, coffee, half and half, cocoa powder, 1 1/2 tablespoons of caramel sauce, vanilla and sea salt; stir well to combine the mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 12 hours so that the oats fully absorb the liquid.
- To serve, stir the overnight soaked oats to combine the soft bottom with the crunchy top layer. Garnish the oatmeal with whipped cream, the remaining caramel sauce, cocoa powder, crushed hazelnuts or your preferred oatmeal toppings.
- Make this recipe vegan by substituting the half and half for a dairy-free alternative. In addition, make sure that the caramel sauce is non-dairy.
- Loosen up the oatmeal to make a porridge style consistency by adding a splash of liquid just before serving.
- The overnight oatmeal is good for about 5 days when kept in the fridge.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 290Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 287mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 5gSugar: 25gProtein: 8g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.