Change up your breakfast game with this blueberry coconut overnight oats! It’s an easy plant based breakfast option that you can make ahead of time for weekday breakfast or post workout snack.
Oats and blueberries are great combination for a healthy breakfast. At Simply Oatmeal, we’ve put together the best blueberry overnight oats recipes so you never leave home hungry.
From blueberry muffin overnight oats to blueberry pie overnight oats, we’ve got you covered with all the mouth-watering combinations. So, choose fresh or frozen blueberries and let’s prepare this yummy blueberry coconut overnight oats!
Shredded coconut flakes and blueberries makes the combination mouth watering. This meal is also full of protein that really helps to keep you going the entire day.
More importantly, meal prep only takes a few minutes to assemble. As a result, your morning will go as smoothly as possible and you can easily take your meal on the road.
Not only does it taste good, but the health benefits of oats add nutritional balance to your regular diet routine. This coconut blueberry overnight oats recipe will satisfy your sweet tooth and also keeps you full until the next meal.
How to make blueberry coconut overnight oats?
In this recipe, we are using coconut flakes with coconut milk to enhance the lighten creamy flavor with a plant based alternative. Blueberry coconut overnight oats is rich in fiber, which keeps you feeling full and helps weight loss and improve digestion.
Coconut flakes topping is a great option on overnight oatmeal. Make sure to use unsweetened coconut flakes to avoid added sugars and to maintain a balanced diet.
Blueberry Coconut Overnight Oats Ingredients:
- Regular rolled oats
- Coconut milk
- Greek yogurt
- Shredded coconut flakes
In a bowl or mason jar, stir together the coconut milk, oats and yogurt. Fold in half the blueberries and coconut.
Cover the container and keep in the refrigerator for 12 hours.
In the morning, top the soaked oatmeal with the remainder of blueberries and shredded coconut. Finish by adding your preferred oatmeal toppings and then serve immediately.
If you are using frozen blueberries, the oat mixture may turn light lavender purple color. But don’t worry! The taste won’t change. Enjoy the colorful visual appearance and taste at the same time!
Blueberry Coconut Overnight Oats Tips
Make ahead blueberry coconut overnight oats as part of your delicious meal prep ideas. Use these quick and easy tips to make your oatmeal super tasty for each and every spoonful.
- Choose rolled oats instead of quick oats. Quick oats can become too mushy when soaked overnight. Therefore, its best to stick with rolled oats when making overnight oatmeal
- If you don’t have fresh blueberries, substitute with frozen berries.
- Add enough liquid to prevent a thick and pasty texture. Whether you use coconut milk or any other liquid of your choice, stick with a 2:1 ratio of liquid to oats.
- Add a natural sweetener such as maple syrup or stevia if you’re looking for more sweetness.
- On a workout day, add a scoop of protein powder or spoonful of chia seeds for more nutrition and an extra boost of energy.
- Store the blueberry coconut overnight oatmeal in sealed mason jars in the fridge for up to 5 days. Healthy grab and go breakfast ideas have never been this easy before!
PLAN THESE EXTRA BLUEBERRY OVERNIGHT OATS FOR NEXT WEEK:
Enjoy a serving of blueberry coconut overnight oats. This hearty and nutritious meal will keep you feeling full until the next meal time.
Shredded coconut pairs so well with the tartness of the blueberries. The 5 ingredient recipe is easy to assemble and only take a few minutes to make.
The natural sweetness and complex flavor combination makes this dish fantastic. Meal prep in a mason jar and make every at work jealous of your breakfast routine.
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- In a medium sized bowl or overnight oats container, mix together the oats, coconut milk and yogurt. Fold in ½ cup of fresh blueberries and ¼ cup of shredded coconut flakes
- Seal the container and store in the refrigerator overnight for at least 12 hours.
- In the morning, stir the oats one time to combine the mixture. Top the oatmeal with more fresh blueberries and shredded coconut flakes.
- Finish with a spoonful of blueberry-chia jam, toasted nuts or your favorite oatmeal toppings and serve immediately.
- If the mixture is thicker than you prefer, then change up the overnight oatmeal water ratio. Make a porridge style oatmeal by adding 2 tablespoons of coconut milk or coconut yogurt and easily adjust to the desired consistency.
- This recipe is vegan, gluten-free and also non-dairy!
- To ensure freshness, eat the blueberry coconut overnight oatmeal within 5 days of preparing. This helps to prevent the individual ingredients from spoiling.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 414Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 69mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 15gSugar: 20gProtein: 21g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.