Caffè mocha overnight oats is a great way to combine coffee and chocolate into your no cook meal prep! Just like delicate cheese and fine wine, coffee and cocoa are made for each other and also blend extremely well with overnight oatmeal.
Attention all coffee lovers! Try the best Starbucks drinks overnight oats recipes that require zero cooking and also take less than 5 minutes to prepare.
From salted caramel mocha overnight oats to white chocolate mocha overnight oats, we have you covered. Here at Simply Oatmeal, we’ve tested many different ways you can enjoy eating oatmeal all week long; as a result, you won’t get tired of eating the same boring combo every single day.
Take the bland and boring taste of oatmeal to the next level by making a creamy cocoa and coffee base to soak the oats. If your schedule is hectic and busy, this no cook recipe is easily modified with add-ins and toppings so that you have a grab and go meal ready when you need it most!
How to make caffè mocha overnight oats?
Caffè mocha overnight oatmeal is a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth and get an extra kick of energy from the caffeine. The no cook oats seriously tastes like the coffee shop classic, but there is no artificial flavors or sweeteners added. Treat yourself to a delicious superfood packed meal each day during the busy week!
Caffe Mocha Overnight Oats Ingredients:
- Rolled oats
- Half and half
- Cocoa powder
- Vanilla extract
Mix together the rolled oats, coffee, half and half, cocoa powder, honey and vanilla extra in a meal prep container. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 12 hours.
The oats can be eaten cold or warmed in the microwave or stovetop. Garnish with oatmeal topping such as chopped walnuts, cocoa nibs, and banana chips, then gobble right away!
Caffè Mocha Overnight Oats Tips:
The caffè mocha overnight oats tips are handy to keep your oatmeal fresh and enjoyable every time. Incorporate the helpful hints to take your no cook oatmeal to the next level.
- Add a spoonful of chocolate flavored yogurt or chocolate protein powder if you are looking for an additional nutritional boost.
- Try adding cocoa nibs or mini chocolate chips to the oat base for an extra crunchy texture.
- Instead of quick oats or steel cut oat, stick with rolled oats for this recipe. The quick oats are thinner and have less texture than the rolled oats and steel cut oats are very chewy when only soaked.
- Always stir the soaked oats before adding toppings and serving. The bottom layer tends to be fairly mushy compared to the chewy top layer of the oatmeal, they taste amazing when combined together.
- Add a splash of liquid if the mixture seems too thick when serving. The water ratio of 2:1 liquid to overnight oats is a helpful guide.
- Store the no cook oatmeal in the fridge for up to 5 days. Have the make ahead meal prep ready to go for the entire workweek.
Caffè mocha overnight oats is delicious, nutritious and wholesome. In addition to the health benefits of oats, the no cook meal also includes plant-based protein, dietary fiber and essential vitamins and minerals.
The no cook oatmeal takes only a few minutes to prepare and uses just 6 ingredients. Allow the oats to fully soak before eating and play with the different topping combinations available.
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup cold brew coffee
- 1 tablespoon half and half
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In an overnight oats jar or medium sized bowl, combine the rolled oats, coffee, half and half, cocoa powder, honey and vanilla; stir well so that the oats are fully coated.
- Seal the container and place in the fridge for a minimum of 12 hours.
- To serve, give the soaked oats a good store to meld the layers and flavors together. Add oatmeal toppings like whipped cream, crushed hazelnuts, sliced almonds, a sprinkle of cocoa powder or a dash of cinnamon.
- To make this recipe vegan, substitute the half and half for a dairy-free alternative and replace the honey with a natural sweetener like brown sugar, dates, brown rice syrup or stevia.
- To make a porridge style consistency, loosen up the soaked oats by adding a splash of liquid just before serving.
- To ensure freshness, the no cook oatmeal is good for about 5 days when kept in the fridge.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 286Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 16mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 6gSugar: 19gProtein: 8g