Chai tea latte overnight oats are filled with natural spices and the sweetness of honey. The creamy and savory no cook recipe make a healthy post workout breakfast or midday snack to satiate your hunger.
Whether you have leftover tea or simply looking for a healthy meal prep idea, try making Starbucks drinks overnight oats. Make a large batch so that you are guaranteed to enjoy a satisfying meal all week long!
Not only overnight oatmeal a perfect grab and go breakfast in the morning, but preparation is super easy. From strawberry pink drink overnight oats to green tea latte overnight oats, you will be tempted to eat every last drop. Satisfy your belly and taste buds with a hearty batch of chai tea flavored overnight oats.
The combination of chai tea and hearty oats bring a flavorful taste to your rise and shine. In addition, half and half makes the overnight oats creamy and definitely fulfilling. Oats are a nutritious whole grain that is packed with protein, fiber and essential vitamins and minerals.
How to make chai tea latte overnight oats?
Include this chai tea latte overnight oats in your meal prep plan for the week. Gather the staple ingredients listed below to make your own chai overnight oatmeal in about 5 minutes.
Chai Tea Latte Overnight Oats Ingredients:
- Old fashioned rolled oats
- Half and half
- Chai tea bag
- Vanilla extract
Boil the water and steep the chai tea bag for at least 5 minutes to develop a rich flavor. Allow the water to cool to room temperature before proceeding to the next step.
Next, add the oats, half and half, vanilla extract and room temperature chia tea to a bowl or meal prep container. Mix well so that the oats are coated with flavor. Cover with a lid and refrigerate about 12 hours for best results.
When it comes to oatmeal toppings, try adding a spoonful of yogurt, chopped nuts, diced apples or even candied ginger to customize your overnight oats and change up the morning routine.
Chai Tea Latte Overnight Oats Tips:
Chai tea latte overnight oats have a balanced flavor profile that is smooth and creamy. Here are tips to keep your soaked oats fresh and delicious each spoonful you take.
- Although oats are gluten free, select certified rolled oats to make your oatmeal gluten-free.
- Quick oats will get really soggy and turn into mush when soaked. Steel cut oats won’t soften enough and result in a very chewy texture.
- Make it vegan by using a dairy-free alternative such as soy milk, oat milk or almond milk. Instead of honey, substitute for maple syrup, coconut nectar, agave or your personal favorite.
- Overnight oats are typically served chilled. However, if you prefer warm oats, you can heat them on the stovetop or in the microwave for a minute. Use a microwave-safe container and stir frequently while warming it up.
- Meal prep overnight oats ahead of time, they typically stay fresh in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- If the oats are too thick, then thin out the mixture with a splash of liquid when serving.
Combine the aromatic spices of a chai tea latte with the delicate creaminess of overnight oats. This healthy meal is packed with the health benefits of oats and natural spices blended together.
This tasty recipe only takes a few minutes to prepare. Make ahead in a meal prep container for a surprisingly delicious grab and go that can be eaten at any time of day.
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup water
- 1 chai tea bag
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- In a small sauce pan or a mug in the microwave, bring the water to a boil. Steep the chai tea bag in the water for 7-10 minutes. (Afterwards, remove the tea bag and squeeze out as much liquid as possible and allow the hot tea to cool to room temperature before combining with the oats).
- In a medium sized bowl or overnight oats container, combine the room temperature prepared chai tea, rolled oats, half and half, honey and vanilla extract; mix well so the mixture is fully combined.
- Cover with a lid and place in the refrigerator for about 12 hours to allow the oats to fully soak up the liquid.
- To serve, give the no cook oatmeal a quick stir. This will help to combine the soft layer at the bottom with the chewy texture on the top. Add oatmeal toppings like yogurt, fresh berries, toasted nuts and sprinkle with a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg to finish.
- Make it vegan: Use a dairy-free milk substitute and exchange the honey for a natural sweetener like maple syrup, coconut nectar or agave.
- Make a porridge style consistency by adding a splash of liquid just before serving. 2:1 liquid to oats water ratio is a general guideline to follow.
- Storage: The no cook oatmeal will stay fresh in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 267Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 30mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 5gSugar: 19gProtein: 6g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.