Searching for a no cooking breakfast idea that is fulfilling, healthy and tasty? Overnight oatmeal is an easy make ahead recipe that can be modified ahead of time. Not only is it creamy and delicious, but ingredients like green tea and lemonade can turn a bland mush into an utterly magical experience.
Hot food isn’t always the best solution, especially as the temperature slowly begins to increase. It’s true that lemon overnight oats are a year round staple because they are a refreshing twist on the timeless beverage!
From strawberry lemonade overnight oats to blood orange lemonade overnight oats, we’ve got many tasty ways to enjoy the classic beverage blended with hearty oatmeal. Pick your favorite add-in and personalize the oatmeal with toppings that you love the most.
You will love this green tea lemonade overnight oats because…
- 5 minutes is all you need to prepare this no cook recipe.
- Healthy meal prep consisting of essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
- Rich in plant based protein, healthy fats, and dietary fiber.
- Perfect balance of tart and creamy flavors.
- Green tea lemonade blends lemon and green tea with hearty oatmeal. The zesty flavor is alluring and appealing!
If hunger makes you irritable, then add no cook oatmeal to your morning routine so that you don’t leave the house on an empty stomach. Green tea lemonade overnight oats combines the health benefits of oatmeal with antioxidant rich superfoods for mouthwatering experience!
How to make green tea lemonade overnight oats?
Green tea lemonade overnight oats is simple and quite delicious. You only need 5 ingredients to get started, and best part is that the recipe only takes 5 minutes assemble this healthy meal prep.
Green Tea Lemonade Overnight Oats Ingredients:
- Regular rolled oats
- Soy milk
- Matcha powder
- Coconut sugar
In a mason jar with a lid, stir together the rolled oats, soy milk, matcha powder, lemon juice, lemon zest and coconut sugar. Cover and refrigerate overnight for at least 12 hours.
The next day, give the soaked oatmeal a stir and then serve cold, or quickly heat up in the microwave or on the stovetop. Garnish with berries, chocolate chips, sliced almonds, shaved coconut or your favorite oatmeal toppings.
Green Tea Lemonade Overnight Oats Tips:
Green tea lemonade overnight oats is an easy to make breakfast idea. Not only is this meal prep both healthy and delicious, but the recipe is also vegan and gluten-free. Here are a few handy tips to make the oatmeal fresh tasting every time you dive in for a spoonful.
- Lemon: Fresh lemon juice gives the no cook oatmeal a zesty twist. Lemon juice is commercially available, but using a whole lemon gives the best results. Not only does juicing a lemon give a fresher taste, but it can also be zested for a refreshing citrusy flavor.
- Matcha powder: Matcha powder is a unique addition to soaked oats. Green tea contains beneficial antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
- Oats: Rolled oats are the preferred type of oats for preparing this no cook recipe. Quick oats get very mushy when soaked, and steel cut oats are better for cooking and not soaking. Soak the oats overnight for at least 12 hours before eating.
- Liquid ratio: 2:1 ratio of liquid to overnight oats prevents the oats from being too thick and pasty, it is a general guideline to follow.
- Yogurt: Adding a scoop of yogurt will give a creamy taste to the oatmeal. Use a diary-free yogurt for a vegan alternative.
- Seeds: Hemp seeds, chia seeds or flaxseeds are some of the superfood ingredients to quickly add to your meal prep.
- Vegan: This recipe is vegan if you use a dairy free milk option.
- Gluten free: Even though oats are gluten free, certified oats are recommended to prevent cross contamination during the harvesting and milling of the whole grain.
- Protein powder: A scoop of protein powder will add another layer of nutritional boost to the fulfilling meal.
- Sweetener: Use your favorite sweetener to sweeten the soaked oats as needed. Maple syrup, coconut sugar, honey or agave are some of the available options.
- Give it a stir: Always stir the no cook oats before garnishing with toppings and serving. If mixture seems too thick, add a splash of milk at this time to make a porridge-style consistency.
- Add-ins: Fresh fruit, dehydrated fruits and roasted nuts are great ingredients to add to this preparation. Here are over 75 oatmeal toppings for more tasty inspirations to consider.
- Storage: The best overnight oats containers are great to store the grab and go meal prep. Eat within 5 days for best quality and fresh taste.
Green tea lemonade overnight oats is a healthy and delicious meal to add to your overall balanced diet. The 5 ingredient recipe require zero cooking and only takes a few minutes to whip together.
Make ahead in a mason jar for a simple meal on the run that will keep you satiated all day. Don’t leave home hungry, reach into the fridge for a healthy grab and go meal to take with you in the morning.
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¾ unsweetened soy milk
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon brown coconut sugar
- In a medium sized bowl or overnight oats jar, stir together the rolled oats, soy milk, matcha powder, lemon juice, lemon zest and coconut sugar. Cover with a lid and place in the refrigerator overnight for a minimum of 12 hours.
- To serve, give the soaked oatmeal a stir. Eat cold, or quickly heat up on the stovetop or in the microwave for a minute.
- Garnish with fresh berries, slivered almonds, toasted coconut or your favorite oatmeal toppings. Enjoy!
- Make it vegan and gluten free!
- Adjust the consistency and sweetness if necessary.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 278Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 17mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 5gSugar: 25gProtein: 8g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.