Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and with all of the pumpkin desserts and baked goods, I’m sure you have plenty of leftover pumpkin puree. Try the easy and yummy pumpkin pie overnight oats breakfast recipe so that you don’t throw any leftovers away!
Are you on the hunt for more pumpkin overnight oat options? Well we have you covered with plenty of choices.
From pumpkin spice overnight oats to pumpkin apple overnight oats, we’ve got healthy and easy meal prep ideas for you to choose from. Make your busy morning a bit easier with help from these healthy overnight oat recipes.
Change up the topping selections, liquid options and serving temperature because there is not just one way to eat pumpkin pie overnight oats. Simply eat cold or quickly heated up to enhance the pumpkin flavor.
Pumpkin pie overnight oatmeal works great as a grab-n-go breakfast that you can enjoy at work or even as an afternoon snack. Consider even eating it on the weekend before heading to a workout.
Not only are they both delicious, but pumpkin and oats also have a number of health benefits that are so good for you! Full of vitamins, minerals and fiber, there is absolutely no excuse to avoid this breakfast pumpkin pie recipe.
How to make pumpkin pie overnight oats?
Don’t feel guilty having pumpkin pie for breakfast! Simple pumpkin pie overnight oats with a touch of cinnamon and pumpkin spice goes very well together.
The hearty oats and real pumpkin puree will make your fall morning extra cozy!
You may also like: How to make homemade pumpkin puree. This recipe is easy to follow and the results speak for themselves. It can also be prepared in advance and used when you need it!
Get ready to make this grandma-approved pumpkin pie overnight oats recipe. Grab that leftover pumpkin puree and prepare this list of kitchen staple ingredients.
Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats Ingredients:
- Rolled oats
- Pumpkin puree
- Liquid of your choice
- Greek yogurt
- Chia seeds
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Pumpkin pie spice
Combine the rolled oats, almond milk, Greek yogurt, pumpkin puree, chia seeds, maple syrup, vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice. Mix well so that everything gets combined.
Seal the mason jar and place in fridge for at least 12 hours.
Simply serve cold or reheat in microwave for 1-2 minutes if you prefer to eat warm oatmeal.
Lastly, top with crushed pecans and a sprinkle of cinnamon. They really go well with the pumpkin pie flavor and add a delightful crunchy texture.
Tempting to have your pumpkin pie overnight oats with whipped cream? Instead of whipped cream, top with chopped walnuts, pepita seeds or even candied ginger will make you satisfied!
Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats Tips:
There is no reason not to love pumpkin pie overnight oatmeal for breakfast. Enjoy your every bite by learning these tips for keeping your soaked oats fresh and tasty all week long:
- Make individual batches to store in you fridge if you meal prep for a small family or only yourself.
- Use rolled oats instead of instant oats for the best results for this recipe. Instant oats are processed much thinner than rolled oats so they tend to turn out mushy.
- Follow an overnight oatmeal water ratio that is 2:1 liquid to rolled oats.
- Add a scoop of chia seeds or protein powder for an additional energy boost.
- Before topping and digging in your oatmeal, don’t forget stir the soaked oats. The bottom of the oats might be pretty mushy while the top still could have a little crunch left in it. By stirring before eating, you combine the best of both worlds and add a little chewiness to the soft oatmeal.
- Consume within 5 days of preparation to ensure best quality and freshness.
ADDITIONAL PUMPKIN OVERNIGHT OATMEAL RECIPES:
Pumpkin pie overnight oats taste as good as good as grandma's classic. This recipe is absolutely delicious!
Who doesn't want to have pumpkin pie for breakfast? Well this overnight oats recipe takes breakfast to a whole new level.
Here is a brand new meal prep idea for you! This recipe is tasty, hearty and wholesome. From the pumpkin puree to the nutritious oats and aromatic spices, all the bases are covered.
The family is guaranteed to think they're eating dessert! However, you'll have them all fooled with a serving of healthy oats!
- In a medium-sized bowl or overnight oats jar, combine the rolled oats, almond milk, yogurt, pumpkin puree, chia seeds, maple syrup, vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice. Stir the ingredients to combine everything very well.
- Cover and store overnight in the refrigerator for at least 12 to 24 hours before consuming.
- To serve, remove from the fridge and top with crushed pecan, a sprinkle of cinnamon or your favorite oatmeal toppings.
This recipe preparation results in a thick spoonable oatmeal. Change up the overnight oatmeal ratio by increasing the amount of liquid or yogurt to make a thinner and creamy oatmeal that is more porridge-style.
To make this recipe dairy free, use a vegan or dairy-free yogurt alternative. Almond or coconut yogurt work extremely well in the recipe!
For freshness and to ensure ingredients don’t spoil, this pumpkin pie overnight oats recipe should be consumed within 4-5 days of preparation. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 339Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 25mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 10gSugar: 19gProtein: 11g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.