Pumpkin apple overnight oats are a hearty and nutritious way to start your day. If you can’t decide what to eat for breakfast, then give this recipe a try and you wont have any regrets.
If you are fan of overnight oats, the fall season is perfect for making the best pumpkin overnight oats recipes! Pumpkin puree add creaminess and natural sweetness to the soaked oats.
From pumpkin pie overnight oats to pumpkin puree overnight oats, we are ready for the holiday season to begin. Check out the meal prep ideas to celebrate all the tastes available during the autumn season!
Combine two favorite flavors in this pumpkin apple overnight oats recipe. The natural sweetness from the applesauce coupled with a creamy pumpkin puree absolutely tastes magical. Bring the fall season into your mouth on every bite with this delicious recipe.
A classic unsweetened applesauce pairs well with pumpkin and spices in this overnight oatmeal recipe. Apples and pumpkin compliment the benefits of oats to make this a wholesome and nourishing meal.
How to make pumpkin apple overnight oats?
After going to the pumpkin patch or apple picking over the weekend, make yourself a batch of pumpkin puree or homemade applesauce In addition, it only takes a few ingredients to make delicious pumpkin apple overnight oats for the whole family.
You may also like: How to make homemade applesauce in 15 minutes. Control the level of sweetness and add your favorite spices. In addition, it’s super easy to make pumpkin puree from scratch. These recipes can be made in advance and stored in the fridge, freezer or by following basic canning methods.
Pumpkin Apple Overnight Oats Ingredients:
- Rolled oats
- Pumpkin puree
- Liquid of your choice
- Maple syrup
- Pumpkin pie spice
Combine the pumpkin purée, applesauce, soy milk, pumpkin pie spice, and as much maple syrup as you like in a mason jar. Mix it well.
Add the rolled oats and stir until all the oats are evenly coated with the pumpkin apple mixture. Cover and leave the jar in the fridge overnight.
The next morning, top your oatmeal with a scoop of nut butter and fresh apple chunks.
On a chilly morning, simply microwave the soaked oats to heat up your meal! Then, add oatmeal toppings and enjoy!
Pomegranate seeds, apple chips, and chopped almonds are also great garnishes to further enjoy every bite!
Pumpkin Apple Overnight Oats Tips:
If pumpkin and apple is your favorite fall season fruit and vegetable combination, then we have you covered. Here are the best tips to make your pumpkin apple overnight oats fresh and yummy all week long!
- It’s best to prep the night before and sit in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours or even a little longer. This helps to further breakdown the phytates, which improves digestion and reduces the anti-nutrient absorption.
- Old-fashioned rolled oats are the best when it comes to overnight oatmeal. Steel-cut oats can be used, however it results in a very chewy and dense texture.
- Always add enough liquid. Not adding enough liquid to overnight oatmeal results a thick and pasty consistency. Double the liquid per each serving of oats in a 2:1 ratio.
- If you are having a hard time to choose what kind of liquid base for overnight oats, go with almond milk or soy milk as non-dairy alternatives. They have a rich and creamy taste that pairs well with most oatmeal toppings and flavor combinations.
- Add chia seeds to the pumpkin apple overnight oats for extra protein and nutrition. Just make sure you increase the overnight oats water ratio because the chia seeds will also absorb lots of liquid.
NOT INTO APPLE ANYMORE? HOW ABOUT THESE PUMPKIN OVERNIGHT OATMEAL?
Bring the flavors of fall together with this pumpkin apple overnight oats recipe. The meal is hearty and wholesome.
Experience the natural sweetness of both roasted pumpkin and apple. Combined with the aromatic blend of spices, your taste buds will be in a magical place.
Meal prep this pumpkin apple overnight oats recipe in a large batch. You will be grateful to grab a serving to eat at anytime of day.
This dish avoids added sugar and is incredibly nutritious. Whether its a grab and go breakfast or a midday snack, you are guaranteed to keep full until the next meal.
- In a medium-sized bowl or overnight oats jar, add the oats, soy milk, applesauce, maple syrup, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice.
- Stir well to thoroughly combine all ingredients.
- Cover and store overnight in the refrigerator for at least 12 to 24 hours before consuming.
- To serve, remove from the fridge and top with pomegranate seeds, diced apples, crushed pecans, pinch of cinnamon, pinch of nutmeg or your desired oatmeal toppings.
This recipe makes a thin and creamy porridge-like oatmeal. Change up the overnight oatmeal ratio and reduce the soy milk or even add a spoonful of chia seeds to prepare a thicker oatmeal consistency.
This recipe is vegan, gluten-free and non-dairy!
For freshness and to ensure ingredients don’t spoil, this pumpkin apple overnight oats recipe should be consumed within 4-5 days of preparation. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 361Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 70mgCarbohydrates: 72gFiber: 8gSugar: 35gProtein: 10g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.