Celebrate the holiday spirit with pumpkin overnight oats recipes so that you can use up that leftover pumpkin puree. Each recipe is quick and full of fall flavor breakfast ideas.
Each of the easy overnight oats recipes are so healthy and delicious that you will want to eat them on repeat every morning. Follow the journey with us and learn how to create a base recipe to layers of flavor on top of.
Pumpkin overnight oatmeal is a healthy, wholesome and hearty way to get the day started. Continue the transition from warm summer days to cool fall weather with these autumn spiced dishes.
From pumpkin oatmeal muffins to pumpkin oatmeal pancakes, there are so many ways to enjoy the fall season favorites. Prepare pumpkins in different forms throughout the cool weather time of year. If you love eating pumpkin, we have created brand new pumpkin overnight oatmeal recipes that you will love to try next.
How To Make Pumpkin Puree
To execute flawlessly fresh pumpkin overnight oats recipes, you should learn how to make pumpkin puree from scratch. The step-by-step instructions cover roasting pumpkin to make homemade pumpkin puree the right way.
It’s important to choose the right type of pumpkin such as sugar pumpkins or pie pumpkins because they are sweet, flavorful, and have smooth-texture flesh. This produces the best results to use in oatmeal and other cooking projects and baked goods.
Select a four to eight pound size so you can store the leftover pumpkin puree. Use some right away, keep it in the freezer for months or even can it to preserve for the long term.
In addition, you may also enjoy roasted pumpkin seeds. The seeds can be spiced with cinnamon, curry power or even candied, the options are endless when you roast your own seeds.
Basic Ingredients for Pumpkin Overnight Oats:
There are a few basic core ingredients when it comes to assembling pumpkin overnight oats. As a result, mixing and matching ingredients and regularly changing up the oatmeal toppingsis the key to making every meal slightly different.
- Pumpkin: Homemade pumpkin puree or store-bought canned puree works either way. But if you end up buying pumpkin puree, for these overnight oatmeal recipes, make sure to choose pumpkin puree instead of pumpkin pie filling.
- Oats: If you plan to make a batch and store for a week, old-fashioned rolled oats are the best for overnight oats. The instant oats tend to get too mushy for these circumstances. If you are looking for chewy and crunchy texture, then opt for steel-cut oats in every recipe.
- Liquid: You can use whole milk or dairy-free milk alternatives such as almond milk, oat milk, rice milk or soy milk. This choice is definitely based on your personal preference and dietary choices.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is not always included in every pumpkin recipe. However, it will add an extra layer of creaminess to any pumpkin overnight oats recipe. Go with Greek yogurt to minimize the extra liquid. Dairy free alternatives like almond or coconut yogurt can always be used in each of the recipes.
- Natural Sweetener: Sweeten the oatmeal with maple syrup, honey, stevia or your favorite sweetener selections. Fresh fruit and dried fruit also add natural sweetness that’ll give extra sweetness to the oatmeal recipes.
- Spices: Make a small batch of pumpkin pie spice for an easy way to spruce up the complexity of taste. The separate spices individually work well in combination with each recipe. Cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves, it’s all at your fingertips!
- Chia seeds: The chia seeds are great additional source of protein to your pumpkin overnight oats. Not only are they nutritious, but they also help to thicken the mixture while giving a crunchy and jelly like texture.
Each pumpkin overnight oats recipe is highly customizable to fulfill your needs. Add a scoop of your favorite protein powder for an extra boost on your gym day, or even soak the oats in cold brew coffee for a more complex flavored oatmeal with a kick of caffeine.
How do I make vegan pumpkin overnight oats?
Vegan substitutes can easily be made for each dish. There are non-dairy yogurt options and beverage choices. In addition, substitute maple syrup or your favorite sweetener in place of the honey.
Choose dairy-free “milk” alternatives like soy milk, oat milk, rice milk or almond milk. Of course water is always an option, and juice also works well but watch out for the added sugars.
Furthermore, it’s simple to exchange the regular Greek yogurt for non-dairy alternatives like coconut or almond yogurt.
Are the pumpkin overnight oats recipes gluten free?
Yes all the pumpkin overnight oatmeal recipes are made to be gluten free. However, there is only one concern to be aware of.
Even though oats are naturally gluten free, its still recommended to purchase gluten free certified oat products. This eliminates the risk of gluten cross-contamination during the harvesting or manufacturing process.
Best Toppings for Pumpkin Overnight Oats:
To make your pumpkin overnight oats taste even better, all you need is to put together the right combination of oatmeal toppings. From classic flavors to exotic twist, find ingredients that magically go well together to enhance the flavor and taste.
Try these classic oatmeal topping combinations. Here are some ideas that will take your plain pumpkin oatmeal from boring to a fall feel in every bite:
- Pumpkin + Cinnamon + Ginger
- Pumpkin + Apples + Raisins
- Pumpkin + Brown Sugar + Pine Nuts
- Pumpkin + Cream Cheese + Pumpkin Seeds
- Pumpkin + Cranberries + Orange Juice
- Pumpkin + Walnuts + Maple Syrup
- Pumpkin + Honey + Hazelnuts
- Pumpkin + Chocolate + Caramel
- Pumpkin + Apples + Pecans
- Pumpkin + Coconut + Yogurt
Adding pumpkin puree and spiced pumpkin seeds on top is also a great way to include even more pumpkin. From salty to sweet and tart, be creative in your combinations and discover new flavors for your pumpkin overnight oatmeal!