Have you tried strawberry mixed with yogurt and blended with overnight oats? If you haven’t tried this classic recipe, then here is an easy meal prep idea to add to your healthy eating routine!
If you don’t have fresh strawberries, don’t worry! I highly recommend using frozen strawberries when making these strawberry overnight oats recipes that are healthy enough to repeat over and over again.
From strawberry rhubarb overnight oats to strawberry and cream overnight oats, there are so many inspirations for you to explore. Select your favorite liquid and the oatmeal toppings you enjoy most. That’s all it takes to personalize no cook oatmeal recipes to fit what your tastebuds desire.
You will love this strawberry yogurt overnight oats because…
- Takes just 5 minutes to prepare the no cook recipe.
- Healthy recipe that is filled with wholesome nutrition.
- Contains balanced amounts of plant based protein, dietary fiber and healthy fats.
- Blends the creaminess of yogurt with sweet goodness.
- Resembles the taste of a creamy strawberry mousse with a hearty oatmeal base. The sweet aromatic flavor is magically delicious!
This gluten free recipe is so simple to make head of time, and it also stays fresh in the fridge for up to 5 days. Every jar is packed with plant based protein, dietary fiber, and loaded with antioxidants. The healthy recipe is a great way to jumpstart your mind and body at any point during the week.
Take this easy grab and go meal on the road during a busy morning. Strawberry yogurt combines with the benefits of oats to make a meal full of whole grain nutrition.
How to make strawberry yogurt overnight oats?
Strawberry yogurt overnight oats is a delicious and healthy make ahead meal prep. Gather a few key ingredients to quickly assemble this strawberry based oatmeal recipe.
Strawberry Yogurt Overnight Oats Ingredients:
- Regular rolled oats
- Almond milk
- Greek yogurt
- Chia seeds
In a mason jar, stir together the rolled oats, almond milk, yogurt, flaxseeds, chia seeds and honey. Mix well, and then fold in the diced strawberries. Cover and place the oatmeal in the fridge overnight.
To serve, give the soaked oatmeal a good stir and top with shredded coconut, strawberries, crunchy granola, sliced almonds or your preferred toppings.
Strawberry Yogurt Overnight Oats Tips:
Sweet strawberries, almond milk, and creamy yogurt combines beautifully with the silky smoothness of overnight oats. The delicious treat has a perfect balance of flavors that you wont be able to ignore.
- Strawberry: Fresh or frozen, strawberries make the perfect addition to naturally sweeten soaked oats. They are a valuable source of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that are easily absorbed into the body.
- Oats: Rolled oats provide the best results when preparing this recipe. Quick oats or steel cut oats are not recommended for soaking because quick oats become very mushy when soaked and steel cut oats are too chewy when not fully cooked.
- Liquid ratio: A general guideline for preparing overnight oats is a 2:1 liquid to oats water ratio. Yes to let the oats soak for a minimum of 12 hours before serving!
- Yogurt: Yogurt will makes the oats extra creamy and delicious. Use a dairy free alternative if you want to make this recipe vegan.
- Seeds: Hemp seed, chia seed or flaxseed are valuable superfood ingredients that can easily be added to this soaked oats recipe.
- Vegan: Substitute the honey for any sweetener you prefer to make this into a vegan recipe. In addition, use a dairy free milk and yogurt alternative.
- Gluten free: If you are gluten-intolerant or on a wheat free diet, be sure to use certified GF rolled oats even though oats are naturally gluten free.
- Protein powder: A scoop of protein powder will increase the amount of available nutrition.
- Sweetener: Adjust the amount of honey to sweeten the oats as needed. Substitute for coconut sugar, brown sugar, stevia or agave if you are looking for a vegan alternative.
- Give it a stir: The bottom layer of the oats is softer than the chewy top parts, so it’s best to stir the mixture for an even mouthfeel and consistency throughout the oats before garnishing with toppings.
- Add-ins: Garnish with fresh and dried fruit, chopped nuts, or check out this list of 75+ oatmeal toppings for fun alternatives to explore. Crunchy ingredients really complement the creaminess of soaked oatmeal.
- Storage: Store the make ahead meals in the best overnight oats jars for an easy grab and go at any time of day. Enjoy within 5 days to maintain freshness.
Strawberry yogurt overnight oats is the perfect balance of sweet, sour and delicious creamy goodness. This magical concoction of flavor is irresistible!
The healthy recipe is easy to make and only takes a few minutes to put together.
You’ll find yourself unable to stop digging your spoon in for another bite. Good til the last drop!
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup plain, unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed, ground
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- In a mason jar or overnight oats container, combine the rolled oats, almond milk, flaxseed, chia seeds, Greek yogurt, and honey.
- Afterwards, fold in the diced strawberries.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight for at least 12 hours to allow the oats to fully soak up the liquid.
- In the morning, serve cold or heat in the microwave for a warm oatmeal.
- Give the oats a quick stir, and then add your favorite oatmeal toppings such as fresh berries, nut butter, or a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Make it vegan and gluten free!
- Adjust the consistency and sweetness if necessary.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 387Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 30mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 12gSugar: 22gProtein: 16g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.