Searching for a fulfilling, healthy and tasty breakfast idea that requires zero cooking? Overnight oatmeal is an easy make ahead recipe that can be modified to fit your personal taste. Not only is it creamy and delicious, but ingredients like strawberry and chocolate can turn the bland mush into an absolutely magical experience.
Hot food isn’t always the desirable, especially as the temperature begins to slowly increase. It’s true that strawberry overnight oats are a year round staple because they are available both fresh and frozen!
From lemon strawberry overnight oats to strawberry yogurt overnight oats, we’ve got many tasty ways to enjoy the staple berry blended with hearty oatmeal. Pick your favorite add-in in order to personalize the oatmeal with toppings that you love the most.
You will love this strawberry chocolate overnight oats because…
- The no cook recipe take just 5 minutes to prepare.
- Healthy meal prep consisting of beneficial antioxidants along with essential vitamins and minerals.
- Wholesome plant based protein, healthy fats, and dietary fiber.
- Perfect balance of sweet, decadent and creamy flavors.
- Strawberry chocolate with hearty oatmeal creates an alluring and appealing!
If hunger makes you angry and irritable, then add no cook oatmeal to your morning routine so that you never have to leave the house without eating. Strawberry chocolate overnight oats combines the health benefits of oatmeal with antioxidant rich superfoods into a nutritious mouthwatering experience!
How to make strawberry chocolate overnight oats?
Chocolate strawberry overnight oats is simple and quite delicious. You only need 7 ingredients to get started, and best part is that the healthy meal prep recipe takes just 5 minutes to assemble.
You may also enjoy making this 5-minute almond milk recipe. The dairy free alternative blends up super smooth and tastes incredibly fresh. In addition, you can explore fun flavoring like mint chocolate, maple vanilla and sweet potato. Yum!
Strawberry Chocolate Overnight Oats Ingredients:
- Regular rolled oats
- Almond milk
- Greek yogurt
- Cocoa powder
- Chia seeds
In a mason jar with a lid, stir together the rolled oats, almond milk, yogurt, cocoa powder, chia seeds and honey. Afterwards, fold in the strawberries. Cover and refrigerate overnight for at least 12 hours.
The next day, give the no cook oatmeal a stir and then serve cold. Garnish with sliced strawberries, chocolate chips, slivered almonds, shredded coconut or your favorite oatmeal toppings.
Strawberry Chocolate Overnight Oats Tips:
Not only are strawberry chocolate overnight oats easy to make breakfast idea, but the healthy recipe can also be vegan and gluten-free. Here are a few handy tips to make the oatmeal fresh tasting every time you dive in for a spoonful.
- Chocolate: Not only does chocolate taste great, but it is healthy for you. Chocolate is a superfood ingredients that is packed with nutrients like essential vitamins and minerals. Select an unsweetened cocoa powder to add the rich deliciousness of chocolate without the added sugars.
- Strawberry: Strawberries contain beneficial antioxidants along with essential vitamins and minerals.
- Oats: Rolled oats are the recommended type of oats for making no cook oatmeal. Quick oats get very mushy when soaked overnight, and steel cut oats are better for cooking. Soak oats for at least 12 hours before consuming.
- Liquid ratio: 2:1 ratio of liquid to overnight oats is a general guideline to follow to make a porridge style oatmeal and avoid a consistency that is too thick.
- Yogurt: The yogurt gives a tangy and creamy taste to the oatmeal. Use a diary-free yogurt for a vegan recipe.
- Seeds: Hemp seeds, chia seeds or flaxseeds are just some of the superfood seeds to easily add to your healthy meal prep.
- Vegan: This recipe is vegan if you use a dairy free milk and yogurt. In addition, substitute the honey for your preferred sweetener.
- Gluten free: To prevent cross contamination during the processing and packaging, certified oats are recommended even though oats are naturally gluten free.
- Protein powder: Add a nutritional boost to the fulfilling meal with a scoop of protein powder.
- Sweetener: Use your sweetener to sweeten as needed. Maple syrup, coconut sugar, or agave are just some of the available options. Substitute the honey for a vegan alternative.
- Give it a stir: To serve, always stir the no cook oats before garnishing with toppings. If mixture seems too thick, a splash of milk can adjust the consistency to make a porridge-style oatmeal.
- Add-ins: Dried fruit, fresh fruits and toasted nuts are great ingredients to add to this recipe preparation. Here are over 75+ oatmeal toppings to consider for your meal prep.
- Storage: Store the grab and go meal in the best overnight oats containers inside the fridge. Eat within 5 days for a fresh taste.
Strawberry chocolate overnight oats is a healthy and delicious meal to add to your balanced diet routine. The healthy recipe requires zero cooking and only takes a few minutes to whip together.
Make ahead in a mason jar for a simple meal on the run that will make you feel full all day. Don’t leave home hungry, reach into the fridge for this healthy grab and go meal to take with you in the morning.
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¾ cups unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup large strawberries, diced
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a medium sized bowl or overnight oats jar, combine the rolled oats, almond milk, yogurt, cocoa powder, chia seeds and honey. Stir well and then fold in the strawberries. Cover with a lid and refrigerate overnight for a minimum of 12 hours before eating.
- The next day, give the no cook oatmeal a stir to combine the soft bottom layer with the chewy parts on top.
- Serve cold and garnish with extra strawberries, chocolate chips, cocoa nibs, crushed nuts, coconut flakes or your favorite oatmeal toppings.
- Make it vegan and gluten free!
- Adjust the consistency and sweetness if necessary.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 401Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 28mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 12gSugar: 24gProtein: 17g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.