Are you looking for a healthy breakfast idea that requires zero cooking? Strawberry, blueberry and overnight oatmeal is an easy recipe that doesn’t require fancy cooking skills and takes very little time to prepare in advance.
Hot breakfast isn’t always the most appealing taste in the morning, especially when the temperature begins to rise. It’s true that strawberry overnight oats are a staple that can be enjoyed all year round because it is a refreshing and fulfilling use of the fresh or frozen berry !
From strawberry chia overnight oats to strawberry shortcake overnight oats, we’ve got so many oatmeal preparations for you to explore. Pick the type of liquid or yogurt you enjoy, and personalize the no cook oatmeal with toppings that you truly enjoy.
You will love this strawberry blueberry overnight oats because…
- Only need 5 minutes to prepare this vegan and gluten-free recipe.
- Healthy recipe consisting of wholesome ingredients like blueberries, strawberries and oats.
- Contains plant based protein, healthy fats, and an excellent source of dietary fiber.
- Perfect balance of sweet berries and creamy flavors.
- Strawberry and blueberry blends with hearty oatmeal to make a magically delicious berrylike flavor!
Not only is the meal prep irresistibly delicious, but each of the ingredients pack a potent boost of natural antioxidants. If your hunger turns to anger, then eat this strawberry blueberry overnight oatmeal for breakfast, lunch or afternoon snack.
Tide yourself over so that you don’t fall victim to an empty stomach. Soak up all of the health benefits of oatmeal combined with antioxidant rich superfoods like blueberries and strawberries!
How to make strawberry blueberry overnight oats?
blueberry strawberry overnight oats is easy to make. You only need a few staple ingredients to get started. The heathy recipe requires just 5 minutes to prepare and store in the fridge until you need a hearty meal.
You may also enjoy whipping up a batch of 5-minute almond milk. The no cook recipes simply requires soaking the nuts, blessing and draining through a nut milk bag. The recipe comes with many fun variations like cinnamon, chocolate, vanilla and sweet potato. Give each flavor a try for yourself!
Strawberry Blueberry Overnight Oats Ingredients:
- Old fashioned rolled oats
- Almond milk
- Maple syrup
In a mason jar, add the rolled oats, almond milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir well, then fold in the strawberries and blueberries.
Cover with a lid and place the container in the fridge to soak for about 12 hours.
In the morning, give the no cook oatmeal a quick stir and serve cold, or briefly heat up.
Garnish with fresh berries, crushed nuts, crunchy granola, shredded coconut or your favorite oatmeal toppings.
Strawberry Blueberry Overnight Oats Tips:
Blueberry strawberry overnight oats is a healthy breakfast idea that you can easily make in advance and grab from the fridge when you need a bite to eat. This no cook oatmeal recipe is a vegan and gluten free treat.
Here are quick tips to keep your oats fresh and delicious every time you need a bite to eat.
- Blueberry: Blueberries add a subtle sweetness that is enjoyable, in addition to being a potent immunity booster full of beneficial antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
- Strawberry: Strawberries add to the antioxidant nature of this recipe preparation. Both berries provide healthy nutrition that benefits the mind and body for a wholesome meal.
- Oats: Rolled oats are the recommended type of oats for preparing no cook oatmeal. Quick oats get mushy and steel cut oat remain too chewy when soaked overnight.
- Liquid ratio: It is important to add enough liquid when preparing soaked oats. 2:1 ratio of liquid to overnight oats is a general guideline for preparing a porridge style oatmeal. Soak the oats for at least 12 hours and add a splash of liquid if the oatmeal seems too thick when serving.
- Yogurt: A scoop of yogurt will give the oatmeal a creamy taste and texture. In addition, it increases the fat and protein content. Use a diary-free yogurt if your looking for a vegan recipe.
- Seeds: Superfood nutrition can be added with a tablespoon of hemp seeds, chia seeds or flaxseeds.
- Vegan: Make it vegan by using with the dairy free milk and sweetener options provided in the recipe.
- Gluten free: Gluten free oats are recommended if you follow a celiac diet. Oats are gluten free, but it’s best to purchase certified oats to avoid cross contamination.
- Protein powder: Add a scoop of protein powder will increase the nutritional value of the meal prep with a supplemental boost.
- Sweetener: Use the sweetener you prefer as needed. Stevia, honey, coconut sugar or agave are excellent options. Avoid honey for a vegan preparation.
- Give it a stir: When serving, give the oats a good stir and add a splash of liquid to make a porridge-style consistency.
- Add-ins: Dehydrated fruit, fresh fruit and crushed nuts are great ingredients to mix into overnight oats. Complement the creamy texture with this list of 75+ oatmeal toppings.
- Storage: Use the best overnight oats jars to store the meal prep in the fridge for easy grab and go accessibility. Eat within 5 days to maintain freshness.
Strawberry blueberry overnight oats are a healthy recipe idea to add to your balanced diet routine. The no cook recipe only requires a few staple ingredients and takes just a few minutes to put together.
Make ahead in a mason jar for a simple grab and go meal prep. Reach into the fridge for this healthy meal on the run. The soaked oats will keep you feeling full all day long so that you don’t leave home with an empty stomach.
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup strawberries, diced
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a medium sized bowl or overnight oats container, combine the rolled oats, almond milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Stir well before gently folding in the strawberries and blueberries.
- Cover with a lid and store in the refrigerator for about 12 hours to fully soak the oats.
- To serve, give the no cook recipe a quick stir to combine the soft part on bottom with the chewy layer on top.
- Serve cold, or briefly heat up in the microwave or on the stovetop for a minute or two.
- Garnish with your favorite oatmeal toppings such as extra strawberries, blueberries, nut butter, oven baked granola, toasted coconut.
- Make it vegan and gluten free!
- Adjust the consistency and sweetness if necessary.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 320Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 14mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 8gSugar: 29gProtein: 7g