Enjoy these healthy strawberry overnight oats that you can be eaten either cold or hot all year long. From lemon strawberry overnight oats to strawberry yogurt overnight oats, we’ve rounded up the best overnight oats with strawberry.
If you’re only familiar with cooked oats, then it’s about time you open up to overnight oats. Here are healthy meal prep ideas so that you can easily survive the hectic workweek with an array of easy grab and go meals.
Not only do they contain the health benefits of oats, but they also require zero cooking or fancy equipment. Take you no cook skills to the next level with a healthy dose of overnight soaked strawberry oats.
Strawberry overnight oats are made with ingredients that you may already have in your kitchen pantry and that can also be found in the local market year round. If you have been eating strawberries everyday, then upgrade your breakfast meal with these healthy oatmeal recipes.
Here are great breakfast ideas or mid afternoon snacks that will eliminate the junk food craving or need for sugar-filled treats. Save time with make-ahead meals that are healthy and require no cooking.
Is Oatmeal And Strawberry A Good Breakfast?
Strawberries are an antioxidant rich superfood that sweetens your bowl of soaked oatmeal with a touch of berry flavor. Strawberries provide several nutrients improve your overall wellbeing and naturally boost your immune system and.
Here are some benefits of adding strawberries to oatmeal every morning:
- improve antioxidant levels in blood
- reduce inflammation
- improve vascular function
- improve blood lipid count
- reduce harmful oxidation of LDL cholesterol
Both oatmeal and strawberries are a valuable source of essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Consuming whole grain oats helps you feel full for longer periods of time because of the fiber rich content. As a result, it becomes easier to avoid distractions of junk food and sweet tooth cravings.
Can you add frozen strawberries to overnight oats?
Frozen fruit is surprisingly easy to use. It can be purchased in the local supermarket at any time of year. Furthermore, frozen strawberries have an extended life compared to fresh berries.
You don’t need to worry about mold growing on a box of frozen strawberries. As long as the berries remain frozen, they are ready to use at any time.
Add frozen strawberries directly into the no cook oatmeal, there is really no need to defrost them beforehand. The frozen berries will naturally defrost and turn into a jam that melts into the oats overnight.
However if you are looking to use frozen strawberries as a topping, then slightly thaw the frozen berries right before serving.
- Microwave with 40% power for 1 minute.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Leave at room temperature for about 1 hour.
Basic Ingredients For Strawberry Overnight Oats:
Having a handful of strawberries everyday provides you with a natural source of antioxidant and nutrients that are important for a balanced diet. Furthermore, strawberries are a perfect base ingredients when it comes to making overnight oats.
Here are the individual elements that are important for making a delicious batch of strawberry overnight oats:
- Strawberries: Use fresh or frozen strawberries. Frozen berries are available year round and are picked at the peak freshness. Freezing locks in the freshness and preserves the highest levels of available nutrients. Fresh taste great and are available at many times throughout the year due to global markets and transportation. Freeze dried strawberries are a fantastic option for an oatmeal topping.
- Oats: Instead of quick oats or steel cut oats, its recommended to use old-fashioned rolled oats when preparing overnight oats. Quick oats tend are very soggy when soaked overnight night and steel cut oats are best prepared in cooked recipes. Even though oats are naturally gluten-free, its recommended to select certified gluten-free if you are on a strict celiac diet.
- Liquid: Whether you use dairy-free alternatives or whole milk, each type of liquid will make every oatmeal taste slightly different. Find your favorite combinations by making overnight oats with 5-minute almond milk, oat milk, hemp milk, macadamia milk, flaxseed milk, homemade soy milk, or coconut milk.
- Yogurt: A scoop of Greek yogurt turns overnight oats into a creamy and rich meal. If you don’t like the taste of Greek yogurt, try strawberry-flavored yogurt to deepen the taste. Use vegan yogurt alternative if you are looking for a dairy free substitute.
- Protein: Oats are a viable source of plant-based protein, however you can also add a scoop of protein powder for a nutrient boosted post-workout muscle builder or fulfilling afternoon snack.
- Seeds: You can add a spoonful of chia seeds, hemp seeds, flax seeds or poppy seeds. If you choose to add seeds, the oats will require an extra splash of liquid when serving because the seeds soak up liquid that in turn thickens the texture of the oatmeal.
- Nuts: Nuts are a great way to increase the available nutrition with more plant based protein, healthy fat and increased fiber. Crushed nuts add texture with nut butters enhance the creaminess of the soaked oats.
- Sweetness: Sometimes strawberries don’t completely kick the sweet tooth. If that’s the case, add a drizzle of honey, coconut sugar, maple syrup, agave nectar, or chopped dates. If you are vegan, avoid honey and substitute with ingredients that are free of animal byproducts like agave, date syrup, brown rice syrup, or coconut nectar.
- Spices: Not all spices go well with strawberries. The top six spices that go well with strawberry overnight oatmeal is cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg and vanilla.
Best Toppings for Strawberry Overnight Oats:
Strawberries are easy to buy at the market all year round, so with the help of these tasty recipes we have taken care of all the creativity for you! From chia seed jams to homemade granola, open the door to explore a wide variety of oatmeal toppings.
The refreshing and sweet taste of perfectly ripe strawberries makes it easy to pair with many fruits, seeds, nuts, and sauces. Take your no cook oatmeal to the next level with the best toppings and combinations to make your strawberry overnight oats taste personalized using customized combination each and every day of the week:
- Strawberry + Almonds + Cream
- Strawberry + Almonds + Balsamic Vinegar
- Strawberry + Almonds + Rhubarb
- Strawberry + Rhubarb + Sugar
- Strawberry + Honey + Vanilla + Pecans
- Strawberry + Ricotta + Lemon
- Strawberry + Yogurt + Vanilla
- Strawberry + Blueberries + Cinnamon
- Strawberry + Caramel + Citrus + Peanuts
Mash strawberries into your choice of yogurt or milk to make banana-flavored yogurt or banana milk. This will give the oatmeal base much more flavor and you’ll instantly recognize how big of a difference this easy trick makes.
Strawberry Overnight Oats
Strawberry overnight oats are a healthy meal prep that is easy to make and also keeps you feeling full for extended periods of time. Try the endless flavor combinations and customize the taste to meet your personal favorites.
Each recipe is a perfect meal prep ideas for your busy workweek. Make ahead in a mason jar for an easy grab and go breakfast in the morning or midday snack when you need a quick fix.
Each meal is packed with dietary fiber, plant based protein and an array of essential vitamins and minerals. Enjoy a serving of overnight oats with strawberry knowing that you are getting a heart-healthy meal that will compliment a balanced diet routine.
Are you trying to reduce the amount of time you spend preparing breakfast everyday? Here is delicious and filling strawberry banana overnight oats recipe you need to try.
Adding nuts and seeds within your oatmeal is great protein source you need to fuel your body. Overload your oats with endless toppings from shredded coconut to cacao nibs to make it even more enjoyable.
Strawberry shortcake overnight oats tastes just like the classic dessert. If you are trying to reduce the consumption of extra sugar in your diet, replace the sugar filled cake with a serving of this healthy whole grain recipe.
You will taste the sweet and creamy flavor in every bite. It’ll remind you of the traditional strawberry shortcake in a comforting way. You are guaranteed to not regret making this tasty recipe for sure.
Strawberries, green tea and coconut milk is a simple and easy breakfast idea that you can’t go wrong with. With less than 10 ingredients and only a few minutes, your meal prep is ready to grab and go the very next day.
Add fresh berries, crunchy granola and sprinkle some spices to enjoy this healthy and hearty meal even more!
Strawberry lemonade overnight oats is easy to make a batch the night before. All you need are a few home staple ingredients including frozen strawberries with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and zest. Add Greek yogurt to make the no cook oatmeal extra rich and creamy.
It is a classic combination that allows for endless option for toppings. Add a handful of granola for crunch or a scoop of strawberry-chia jam for extra sweetness.
Are you a strawberry yogurt fanatic? Mash strawberries into yogurt to accomplish this oatmeal recipe. The meal is packed with tons of antioxidants and vitamins!
If you have leftover strawberries in the fridge, strawberry yogurt overnight oats is the way to go. Assemble in a mason jar with a lid and bring to work everyday during the week!
Need help with tasty ingredient ideas to add to oatmeal? Strawberry and cream overnight oats is the answer inspired by the classic dessert combo.
It’s a kid-friendly replacement that actually makes oatmeal taste so good. Sometimes the basic changes make oatmeal so much more enjoyable.
Spend 5 minutes to meal prep for entire week. The best news is that this recipe requires zero cooking skills.
Ditch the the cream when you can have a fulfilling serving of strawberry cheesecake overnight oats. The classic dessert inspired combination is easily accomplish with a handful of ingredients and only 5 minutes of time.
Enjoy it with your favorite toppings in every spoonful. Create your own version of the no cook oatmeal with the customized list of toppings.
Sometimes chocolate can be an intimidating ingredient to start the day with, however cocoa powder is a great alternative to give a try. It contains high levels of nutrients like magnesium and is also not as sweet as a candy bar.
A spoonful of cocoa powder in the milk or yogurt creates a chocolaty oatmeal. Garnish with your favorite toppings such as cinnamon, cocoa nibs, berries and oven-baked granola.
Coconut can be an intimidating ingredient to work with. It adds a hint of tropical flavor but a little goes a long way.
Strawberry coconut combines well with no cook oats. Garnish with your favorite toppings such as berries, toasted nuts, and oven-baked granola.
Blueberries and strawberries are year round berries that combine to make the most delicious overnight oats. If you are struggling to come up with a fun new breakfast idea, just grab a handful of frozen strawberries and blueberries to make this delicious oatmeal come to fruition.
Add a scoop of almond butter, drizzle of maple syrup and a sprinkle of cinnamon to complete this healthy breakfast recipe. Heat up or serve cold, it tastes just like a delicious slice of pie!
Do you love strawberries and chia seeds? If you say yes, this overnight oats recipe is totally for you!
It’s completely customizable with your favorite oatmeal add-ins. The plant-based recipe is vegan and gluten-free. Just prepare in a mason jar and let the magic happen.
Mashing strawberry is the best way to blend cream cheese into the oatmeal base and soak oats overnight. If you are tired of eating strawberry as a topping, mashing strawberry is great technique to use to give more desirable flavor.
It’s a perfect make-ahead breakfast idea that you can try with your favorite toppings. Sprinkle sliced almonds and some spices before you devour!
One of the spices that goes well with strawberry is vanilla. Mashed strawberry sprinkled with vanilla is such a dreamy combination to enjoy with soaked oats.
If you are tired of having maple syrup in oatmeal, mix strawberries, vanilla and brown sugar as a topping or into the no cook oats for a different level of sweetness to explore.
Stewed strawberry and rhubarb are the ideal combination. Not only do they taste great together, but the sweet and tart blends well with creamy and hearty oatmeal.
When the spring starts and nothing tastes good in the morning, strawberry rhubarb overnight oats are a well-balanced meal idea that you need to try.
One of the classic flavor combinations is strawberry and lemon. The sweetness and tartness create a perfectly balanced oatmeal taste that is simply irresistible.
It’s creamy, tangy, and full of protein. All you need for a healthy breakfast and midday snack.
Tired of putting berries on oatmeal all the time? Combine mashed strawberry and raspberry in this overnight oats recipe. Packed with a natural sweetener and hint of tartness, you simply can’t go wrong with this flavor packed combination.
Works perfect as a year-round meal prep idea because you can either use fresh or frozen berries. Trust me, it won’t change the taste at all!
Monday 16th of March 2020
Wow 16 recipes in 1, that’s amazing! I tend to stick to just three overnight oats recipes and just rotate them but this really helpful guide will definitely help to add some more delicious options in the mix! :)
Monday 16th of March 2020
There are so many fun ways to mixup the add-ins so that you always have a new flavor to be excited about. Once you understand the basic formula to make easy overnight oats, then the creative options become endless. Enjoy!