Enjoy these healthy strawberry overnight oats that you can be eaten either cold or hot all year long. From lemon strawberry overnight oats to strawberry yogurt overnight oats, we’ve rounded up the best overnight oats with strawberry.
If you’re only familiar with cooked oats, then it’s about time you open up to overnight oats. Here are healthy meal prep ideas so that you can easily survive the hectic workweek with an array of easy grab and go meals.
Not only do they contain the health benefits of oats, but they also require zero cooking or fancy equipment. Take you no cook skills to the next level with a healthy dose of overnight soaked strawberry oats.
Strawberry overnight oats are made with ingredients that you may already have in your kitchen pantry and that can also be found in the local market year round. If you have been eating strawberries everyday, then upgrade your breakfast meal with these healthy oatmeal recipes.
Here are great breakfast ideas or mid afternoon snacks that will eliminate the junk food craving or need for sugar-filled treats. Save time with make-ahead meals that are healthy and require no cooking.
Is Oatmeal And Strawberry A Good Breakfast?
Strawberries are an antioxidant rich superfood that sweetens your bowl of soaked oatmeal with a touch of berry flavor. Strawberries provide several nutrients improve your overall wellbeing and naturally boost your immune system and.
Here are some benefits of adding strawberries to oatmeal every morning:
- improve antioxidant levels in blood
- reduce inflammation
- improve vascular function
- improve blood lipid count
- reduce harmful oxidation of LDL cholesterol
Both oatmeal and strawberries are a valuable source of essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Consuming whole grain oats helps you feel full for longer periods of time because of the fiber rich content. As a result, it becomes easier to avoid distractions of junk food and sweet tooth cravings.
Can you add frozen strawberries to overnight oats?
Frozen fruit is surprisingly easy to use. It can be purchased in the local supermarket at any time of year. Furthermore, frozen strawberries have an extended life compared to fresh berries.
You don’t need to worry about mold growing on a box of frozen strawberries. As long as the berries remain frozen, they are ready to use at any time.
Add frozen strawberries directly into the no cook oatmeal, there is really no need to defrost them beforehand. The frozen berries will naturally defrost and turn into a jam that melts into the oats overnight.
However if you are looking to use frozen strawberries as a topping, then slightly thaw the frozen berries right before serving.
- Microwave with 40% power for 1 minute.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Leave at room temperature for about 1 hour.
Basic Ingredients For Strawberry Overnight Oats:
Having a handful of strawberries everyday provides you with a natural source of antioxidant and nutrients that are important for a balanced diet. Furthermore, strawberries are a perfect base ingredients when it comes to making overnight oats.
Here are the individual elements that are important for making a delicious batch of strawberry overnight oats:
- Strawberries: Use fresh or frozen strawberries. Frozen berries are available year round and are picked at the peak freshness. Freezing locks in the freshness and preserves the highest levels of available nutrients. Fresh taste great and are available at many times throughout the year due to global markets and transportation. Freeze dried strawberries are a fantastic option for an oatmeal topping.
- Oats: Instead of quick oats or steel cut oats, its recommended to use old-fashioned rolled oats when preparing overnight oats. Quick oats tend are very soggy when soaked overnight night and steel cut oats are best prepared in cooked recipes. Even though oats are naturally gluten-free, its recommended to select certified gluten-free if you are on a strict celiac diet.
- Liquid: Whether you use dairy-free alternatives or whole milk, each type of liquid will make every oatmeal taste slightly different. Find your favorite combinations by making overnight oats with 5-minute almond milk, oat milk, hemp milk, macadamia milk, flaxseed milk, homemade soy milk, or coconut milk.
- Yogurt: A scoop of Greek yogurt turns overnight oats into a creamy and rich meal. If you don’t like the taste of Greek yogurt, try strawberry-flavored yogurt to deepen the taste. Use vegan yogurt alternative if you are looking for a dairy free substitute.
- Protein: Oats are a viable source of plant-based protein, however you can also add a scoop of protein powder for a nutrient boosted post-workout muscle builder or fulfilling afternoon snack.
- Seeds: You can add a spoonful of chia seeds, hemp seeds, flax seeds or poppy seeds. If you choose to add seeds, the oats will require an extra splash of liquid when serving because the seeds soak up liquid that in turn thickens the texture of the oatmeal.
- Nuts: Nuts are a great way to increase the available nutrition with more plant based protein, healthy fat and increased fiber. Crushed nuts add texture with nut butters enhance the creaminess of the soaked oats.
- Sweetness: Sometimes strawberries don’t completely kick the sweet tooth. If that’s the case, add a drizzle of honey, coconut sugar, maple syrup, agave nectar, or chopped dates. If you are vegan, avoid honey and substitute with ingredients that are free of animal byproducts like agave, date syrup, brown rice syrup, or coconut nectar.
- Spices: Not all spices go well with strawberries. The top six spices that go well with strawberry overnight oatmeal is cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg and vanilla.
Best Toppings for Strawberry Overnight Oats:
Strawberries are easy to buy at the market all year round, so with the help of these tasty recipes we have taken care of all the creativity for you! From chia seed jams to homemade granola, open the door to explore a wide variety of oatmeal toppings.
The refreshing and sweet taste of perfectly ripe strawberries makes it easy to pair with many fruits, seeds, nuts, and sauces. Take your no cook oatmeal to the next level with the best toppings and combinations to make your strawberry overnight oats taste personalized using customized combination each and every day of the week:
- Strawberry + Almonds + Cream
- Strawberry + Almonds + Balsamic Vinegar
- Strawberry + Almonds + Rhubarb
- Strawberry + Rhubarb + Sugar
- Strawberry + Honey + Vanilla + Pecans
- Strawberry + Ricotta + Lemon
- Strawberry + Yogurt + Vanilla
- Strawberry + Blueberries + Cinnamon
- Strawberry + Caramel + Citrus + Peanuts
Mash strawberries into your choice of yogurt or milk to make banana-flavored yogurt or banana milk. This will give the oatmeal base much more flavor and you’ll instantly recognize how big of a difference this easy trick makes.