Enjoy your fall season with a freshly prepared batch of apple cinnamon overnight oats! Starting a busy morning with cinnamon and oats is a great way to energize your mind and body for the day.
Overnight oats are filled with heart-healthy nutrition that is rich in energy boosting carbohydrates. Give your body the enhanced liveliness that it needs, even when the weather is chilly and cloudy.
Oatmeal provides a good source of carbs, dietary fiber and also contains more protein and fat than most other grains. In addition, both oatmeal and cinnamon are rich in antioxidants that may help lower blood pressure levels and provide other nutritional advantages.
Furthermore, apples may promote heart health and are also linked to a lower risk of diabetes. As a result, this meal is packed with nutrition that will make your body thrive.
Plan your breakfast meal prep the night before by whipping up a jar full of apple cinnamon overnight oats. As a result, breakfast to-go is quick and easy for the busy workweek ahead!
How to make apple cinnamon overnight oats?
Depending on your preference, mix the ingredients with either shredded or diced apples. Simply place the prepared oats in the refrigerator overnight so that they are fully soaked and ready for you to take in the morning.
Adding a little bit more protein to your breakfast meal after workouts is great idea! Simply top the apple cinnamon overnight oats with Greek yogurt or scoop of your favorite protein powder.
It’s just that easy!
To give more complexity to this quick recipe, go with a flavorful variety like honey crisp apples. They contain high amounts of natural fruit sugar, a crunchy texture, and also balance well with the robust and earthy spice of cinnamon.
Furthermore, the nutmeg gives an intricacy to this recipe that further develops the flavor profile. Give it a try and you’ll be amazed at the depth of flavor that is present.
If you already have a favorite kind of apple, then here is exactly what else you need:
Apple cinnamon overnight oats ingredients:
- Rolled oats
- Liquid of your choice
- Lemon juice
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Flax seeds
Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats Tips:
Calling all apple lovers! You’re in the right place!
Here are the best 14 apple overnight oats recipes you can easily make in just 5 minutes. Meal prep ahead of schedule and also never get tired of eating the same apple recipes every morning.
From Apple Pie Overnight Oats to Grated Apple Overnight Oats, we’ve come up with oatmeal options that will satisfy your apple-cravings. With these recipe favorites, you’ll get little bites of apple in every single bite that creates just the perfect taste.
If you fall in love with this apple cinnamon overnight oats recipe, here are some tips and tricks to help you enjoy the best tasting oatmeal every time:
- Serve cold or heat in the microwave for about a minute. I’ve found I can eat these overnight oats up to 3-4 days after preparation without losing that savory chewy texture.
- Feel free to substitute the liquid for your personal preference. Any of your favorite dairy-free milk alternatives work great in place of cow’s milk. Apple juice is also a viable option for this recipe, so feel free to switch to any liquid of your choice.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 or 5 days for a quick grab and go option during the workweek.
- For the whole family or couples, simple double or quadruple any overnight oats recipe to make a delicious meal for everyone.
More apple oatmeal recipes:
Enjoy the classic flavor combination in this apple cinnamon overnight oats recipe. The natural sweetness of the apple in complimented by the aromatic spice of cinnamon.
The soaked oats have a rich and creamy texture that is full of flavor. Use this recipe as a base and enhance the meal prep with a variety of wholesome oatmeal toppings.
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup shredded apple (1 small apple)
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon ground flax seed
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a medium-sized bowl or overnight oats container, add the shredded apples and lemon juice.
- Then, add the oats, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla, flax seed, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix very well to ensure all the
ingredients are combined.
- Cover and store overnight in the refrigerator for at least 12 to 24 hours before consuming.
- To serve, remove from the fridge and top with your favorite oatmeal toppings.
- This recipe is vegan, gluten-free and non-dairy!
- To avoid facing a nut-allergy, try substituting the almond milk for water or even use apple juice.
- This recipe serves up a thicker and more spoonable oatmeal. Change up the overnight oatmeal ratio by adding more liquid to make a thinner and creamy porridge-like oatmeal.
- For freshness and to ensure ingredients don’t spoil, this apple cinnamon overnight oats recipe should be consumed within 4-5 days of preparation. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 279Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 10mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 7gSugar: 19gProtein: 7g