Have you ever tried grated apple overnight oats? Common known as muesli, this recipe combines shredded or grated apples with overnight soaked oats in your favorite milk. Dairy-free nut milks also make a perfect grab-and-go breakfast idea!
The creamy, fruity, and sweet has all you need in the morning. The best part of all is that it doesn’t matter if you use a red apple or a green apple. The red apples gives more sweetness but green apples tend to be tart and crunchier.
How to make this grated apple overnight oats?
Whether you love grated or shredded apples, check out these best 14 apple overnight oats that you can enjoy anytime. We walk you through the proper techniques without having to deal with browned apple pieces.
From apple cider overnight oats to apple cinnamon overnight oats, these fresh new recipes ensure you won’t ever get tired of having overnight oats anymore.
Create your next meal plan by gathering these simple items from your pantry:
Grated apple overnight oatmeal ingredients:
- Rolled oats
- Liquid of your choice
- Greek yogurt (or coconut yogurt)
- Almond butter
To get started, pick your favorite kind of apple and grate it. Layer it into a jar with some oats, chia, cinnamon, yogurt, and the desired liquid of your choice.
Stir up the ingredients and let them soak overnight in the fridge. All you need is literally three minutes the night before to prepare this fancy meal prep.
Grated apple overnight oats are perfect for anyone not into eating fruits. Because the apples are grated, they mix well with the oats and give a slight crunch that is so enjoyable to eat.
The benefits of oats are not the only way to improve a healthy diet. Also be creative with wholesome oatmeal toppings!
Add coconut flakes, hemp seeds, or pepitas to boost your nutrition every morning and also enhance texture with delicious flavor combinations!
Grated Apple Overnight Oats Tips:
Not all overnight oats are created equal. Here are the best tips and tricks that you need to follow when making delicious and healthy grated apple overnight oats:
- Keep the skin on the apple when grating because apple peels are super nutritious. In addition, you won’t taste it when grated into the overnight oats.
- Simply adjust the number of servings for the recipe to create double or triple batch for whole family to enjoy.
- Replace yogurt with plant-based milk or coconut-yogurt to make this recipe vegan.
- Save any remaining batch of overnight oats in the fridge for up to 4 to 5 days.
- The oats tend to be thick when serving, so simply add more liquid to loosen up the oatmeal into a porridge style.
Looking for more apple overnight oats?
Instead of always dicing and slicing, give this grated apple overnight oats recipe a try. The shredded apple adds a different mouthfeel and texture to the meal prep.
Furthermore, grating an apple exposes more flesh and releases more juice. As a result, the taste of this no cook oatmeal is exploding with apple flavor.
The ingredients list is short, and the prep time is minimal, but don't count out this fulfilling make ahead meal. Add it to your weekly list of go-to snacks and breakfast ideas.
- Cut the apple in half. Cover one half of the apple with plastic
and keep it in the fridge to prevent browning; it will be chopped and added as an oatmeal topping before serving.
- Grate half the apple and add to medium-sized bowl or overnight oats container.
- Then, add the rolled oats, yogurt, soy milk, raisins, maple syrup
and apple pie spice to the grated apple. Mix the ingredients together really well.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator for 12 to 24 before consuming.
- In the morning, chop the other half of the apple and add it to
your pick of oatmeal toppings.
Change up the overnight oatmeal ratio in order to make a thicker oatmeal with a more spoonable texture, or a creamy porridge-like oatmeal. Simply stir in extra liquid to thin out the mixture before serving, so there is no need to go heavy when preparing.
To make this recipe vegan, substitute the Greek yogurt for a dairy free alternative like almond or coconut yogurt.
For freshness and to ensure ingredients don’t spoil, this overnight oats recipe should be consumed within 4-5 days of preparation. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 508Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 57mgCarbohydrates: 81gFiber: 10gSugar: 41gProtein: 23g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.