Replace that glazed donut sugar craving with a fulfilling breakfast comprised of delicious apple pie overnight oats. This oatmeal tastes better than actual apple pie, and also leaves you satisfied by the energy packed meal.
Apple pie overnight oats are a healthy meal prep idea that quenches your sweet tooth and also makes you ready to start the busy day. Hints of nutmeg and cinnamon with a touch of sweet maple syrup, taste the grandma-approved apple pie flavor at anytime.
Apples are packed with research-backed nutrition benefits. In addition, both oatmeal and cinnamon are rich in antioxidants that may provide a number of advantages.
Both oatmeal and apple are a great flavor combination that not only tastes good, but also is a perfect breakfast meal that makes you full throughout the morning. We’ve put together the best 14 apple overnight oats for you so that you never skip breakfast anymore.
From apple ginger overnight oats to apple walnut overnight oats, we’ve got all the picky apple eaters covered. Therefore, choose your favorite kind of apple and let’s prepare some finger-licking apple pie overnight oats!
How to make apple pie overnight oats?
Give yourself 5 minutes to whip up this apple pie overnight oats before going to bed. As a result, you won’t need to wake up early to cook breakfast, or worry about rushing out the door and having to stop by the coffee shop for a quick meal.
However, this recipe is all about making a cinnamon apple topping that is coated with sweet spices that give a soft and baked appearance. Just remember to let the cooked apples cool, and then save ¼ cup to use as an oatmeal topping before serving.
In addition, nut butter, chopped nuts, chia or hemp seeds will give extra nutrition and the balanced taste that you are looking for.
To make this overnight oatmeal taste better than a slice of apple pie, you need to gather a few items other than apples.
Apple pie overnight oats ingredients:
- Old fashioned rolled oats
- Any liquid of your choice
- Greek yogurt or coconut yogurt
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Apple pie spice
Add all the remaining fixings into a meal prep jar or container, and then place in the fridge overnight.
Simply grab a serving of this overnight oatmeal and eat it at your desk or during your long commute in rush hour traffic. Either way, this meal prep idea will be the perfect fit for your daily routine.
Apple Pie Overnight Oats Tips:
Don’t like soggy apple pie? There is nothing to worry about with this recipe!
Here are the best tips and tricks that we’ve put together to make your apple pie overnight oats taste fresh and delicious every time:
- Enjoy the delicious flavor of apple pie either warm or cold. Gently heat up the overnight oats on the stovetop or warm in the microwave for a minute.
- If the mixture seems too thick, add more yogurt or liquid when serving.
- Avoid instant oats! The old-fashioned rolled oats are the best choice when it comes to overnight oats because they give a creamy and smooth texture that resembles apple pie.
- Switch between dairy-free alternatives or whole milk if you prefer. This recipe works well with a variety of non-dairy milk and yogurt options.
- Substitute the almond milk for water or apple juice in order to avoid a nut-allergy.
- Add a scoop of protein powder as an oatmeal topping after a morning workout routine. This provides the added nutrients and muscle building protein the body needs.
Try these apple oatmeal recipes next time:
Compare the smell and taste of this apple pie overnight oats recipe to the American classic. The spices blend well with the fresh apples and soaked oats.
Look no further because this recipe has it all including aromatic blend of spices, sweet apples and hearty oats. When it comes to what you expect from apple pie, these oats will have you fooled.
You wont even believe how flavorful this make ahead meal is. When it comes to planning your weekly meal prep, make sure to include this apple pie overnight oats recipe so that you have breakfast on the go.
- Mix the chopped apples with maple syrup and cinnamon in a small bowl. Fully coat the apples and let sit for 5 minutes while preparing the other ingredients.
- Add the oats, milk, yogurt, honey and vanilla into a medium-sized bowl or overnight oats container.
- Add ½ of the cinnamon apples and the stir everything together.
- Cover the container and store overnight in the refrigerator for at least 12 to 24 hours before consuming.
- To serve, remove from the fridge and add more yogurt or almond milk if the mixture seems too thick. Top with the reserved apples and your favorite oatmeal toppings.
- Change up the overnight oatmeal ratio to make a thicker and more spoonable oatmeal, or a thinner and silkier porridge-like oatmeal.
- For freshness and to ensure the ingredients don’t spoil, this overnight oats recipe should be consumed within 4-5 days of preparation. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 330Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 31mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 6gSugar: 29gProtein: 12g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.