Craving for peanut butter and jelly sandwich? Ditch the wheat and try blueberry peanut butter overnight oats instead. It tastes just like the classic and is super easy to make.
Blueberry make oatmeal taste refreshing without feeling too dense. If you are trying to expand your breakfast meal prep ideas, try the healthy blueberry overnight oats recipes to enjoy add variety of flavors so you never get sick of eating the same combos.
From blueberry pie overnight oats to blueberry cheesecake overnight oats, we’ve got covered all of your sweet cravings. So, grab fresh or frozen blueberries before you exit the market and let’s make these yummy blueberry overnight oats!
Invest 5 minutes on Sunday evening and whip up a batch of blueberry peanut butter overnight oatmeal. When you wake up, you’ll be so grateful that a meal is ready waiting for you.
Store this delicious meal in the best mason jars for overnight oats so you can grab and go in the morning. Eat it at your desk or even during your commute, either way you’re guaranteed to be happy with a wholesome serving of heart healthy oats.
How to make blueberry peanut butter overnight oats?
To make this oatmeal taste better than a classic PB & J sandwich, you only need 5 ingredients. Don’t hesitate to kick it up a notch, but here is how to start the recipe with the basics.
Blueberry Peanut Butter Overnight Oats Ingredients
- Rolled oats
- Liquid of your choice
- Greek yogurt
- Blueberry jam
- Peanut butter
First, add the oats, yogurt and almond milk to a bowl or mason jar. Stir until well combined and the oats mixture looks creamy.
Cover the container and place in the fridge for at least 12 hours so that the oats fully soak up the liquid. When its time to serve, top the overnight oatmeal with blueberry jam followed by a layer of peanut butter.
Drizzle a bit of maple syrup or honey if you need little bit more sweetness on your oats. Finally, top with fresh blueberries and crunchy peanuts for more delicious flavor!
Blueberry Peanut Butter Overnight Oats Tips:
Tired of eating peanut butter and jelly toast every morning? Don’t worry! Here are the best tips for you to enjoy eating blueberry peanut butter overnight oats everyday.
- If the mixture seems too thick when serving, add more yogurt or liquid to make it a porridge style oatmeal.
- When in doubt, choose old-fashioned rolled oats rather than quick oat. They give you creamy and smooth texture that goes well with the blueberries. Quick oats tend to be mushy when soaked overnight.
- Go vegan by substituting almond yogurt or even gluten-free by using gluten-free certified oats.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 5 days to ensure freshness. As a result, you have meal prep ready to go for the entire week.
- Feel free to add coconut sugar to the oatmeal base for extra sweetness.
ADDITIONAL BLUEBERRY OATMEAL RECIPES:
Blueberry Peanut Butter Overnight Oats Recipe
Blueberry peanut butter overnight oats is a tasty balance between sweet and savory. The soaked oatmeal is creamy, crunchy and full of flavor.
Peanut butter and jelly is one of those classic combinations that can never go wrong. Merge the flavors with hearty oats to create a fulfilling meal.
Make blueberry peanut butter overnight oats in a mason jar and you have the perfect grab and go breakfast or afternoon snack. Use unsweetened peanut butter and homemade blueberry jam to make this a relatively healthy alternative.
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons blueberry-chia jam
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- In a medium sized bowl or overnight oats jar, add the oats, yogurt and almond milk. Stir the components until mixed well.
- Cover the container and place in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
- In the morning, serve with a layer of peanut butter, layer of blueberry jam, a handful of blueberries and whichever other oatmeal toppings you feel like adding.
Layer the soaked oats, peanut butter and blueberry jam. Mix together in a swirl pattern if you wish or scoop bites of the layered ingredients.
The soaked oats in this recipe are a bit loose because the peanut butter is so dense. If you wish to adjust the overnight oats water ratio, then reduce the amount of liquid to make a more spoonable consistency.
To make the recipe vegan, substitute the yogurt for a non-dairy alternative like almond or coconut yogurt.
For optimal freshness, consume the blueberry peanut butter overnight oatmeal within 5 days of preparation.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 523Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 186mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 11gSugar: 16gProtein: 21g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.