Soak your overnight oats in the coffee shop specialty to create a bright tasting flavor profile! Not only is this caramel macchiato overnight oats super delicious, but it gives you a caffeine boost that’ll jump start your energy to the next level.
Soaking in coffee provides you with a potent caffeine buzz that can kickstart your body when you need a boost. Here are Starbuck drink overnight oats that are copycats of your favorite coffeeshop beverages.
From caramel brûlée latte overnight oats to salted caramel mocha overnight oats, we’ve rounded up the best tasting meal prep ideas for you to thrive during the busy workweek. Save money and munch healthy eats while maintaining a temptation-free attitude towards expensive drinks at the local coffee shop.
Coffee is a flavorful liquid that is perfect for soaking oats, add a splash of your favorite milk for a rich and creamy taste. Soaking oats helps your body to extract the complete benefits of oats rather than being challenged by the anti-nutrient phytates.
How to make caramel macchiato overnight oats?
Grab the namesake component, caramel sauce, and the remaining short list of ingredients to make this homemade overnight oats.
You may enjoy this easy caramel sauce recipe for a quick method. This technique doesn’t require caramelizing the sugar, and instead uses brown sugar to give the nuance of nuttiness. Give it a try and whip up a small batch of easy caramel sauce.
Caramel Macchiato Overnight Oatmeal Ingredients:
- Rolled oats
- Half and half
- Caramel sauce
- Vanilla extract
- Sea salt
Combine the oats, coffee, half and half, half the caramel sauce, and vanilla extract in a mason jar. Stir well, cover and then soak overnight in the fridge.
Serve cold or heat the oats in the microwave for 1-2 minutes before eating. Top with fresh berries, the remaining caramel sauce, a pinch of sea salt, a sprinkle of cinnamon and crushed nuts if you wish.
Caramel Macchiato Overnight Oats Tips
There are a few additional tips and tricks to making this the best caramel macchiato overnight oats ever. Read through the following suggestions to make the simple adjustments that will ensure you have an enjoyable experience every spoonful.
- Caramel sauce can easily be purchased in the ice cream aisle at the market and stored in the fridge for longterm use.
- If you brew hot coffee for this recipe, just give it time to cool to room temperature before combining with the oats
- Overnight oats absorb lots of liquid, so add enough liquid to prevent having a thick, pasty or cement-like texture. You can always add a splash of liquid to loosen up the mixture just before serving.
- If you like a porridge-style oatmeal, then 2:1 ratio of liquid to oats is optimal. You can always adjust the thickness by adding more liquid when its time to serve
- For a smooth and silky texture, rolled oats are preferred over steel-cut oats and quick oats. Steel-cut oats result in a much chewier texture and quick oats get too mushy when soaked overnight.
- Select gluten free oats if you are on a strict wheat free diet.
- Boost amount of available nutrition by adding a scoop of protein powder or plain Greek yogurt.
- Adjust the amount of caramel sauce to accommodate your sweet tooth craving.
- Top with fresh fruit and chopped nuts to add crunchy texture to the soaked oats.
Caramel macchiato overnight oats is a sweet tasting copycat of the coffee shop classic. Give your body an energy boost from the nutritious oats and caffeine content of the strong brewed coffee.
There is a perfect balance between the strong coffee taste and sweet caramel. Assemble this make ahead meal prep so that you never leave home hungry again.
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup cold brew coffee
- 1 tablespoon half and half
- 2 tablespoons caramel sauce, divided
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- In a medium sized bowl or overnight oats container, add the rolled oats, cold brew coffee, half and half, caramel sauce, vanilla and pinch of sea salt; mix well until everything is fully combined.
- Cover with a lid and store in the fridge for a minimum of 12 hours so that the oats fully soak up the liquid.
- To serve, stir the soaked oats to combine the soft bottom layer with the chewy top layer. Garnish with whipped cream, caramel sauce, sliced almonds, dash of cinnamon or any of your most favorite oatmeal toppings.
- This recipe can be made vegan, gluten-free and dairy free!
- To make this recipe vegan, use a dairy-free milk alternative and make sure the caramel sauce is non-dairy as well.
- For a porridge style consistency, add a splash of liquid just before serving.
- The prepared overnight oats lasts for up to 5 days in the fridge.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 269Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 287mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 4gSugar: 25gProtein: 7g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.