Start your day with refreshing serving of strawberry and chia seed mixed with overnight oats. The no cook recipe is easy to make, packed with flavor and also contains superfood ingredients.
Start with strawberries next time you’re preparing overnight oats, the berry staple actually combines with yogurt or milk to make a delicious and creamy mixture. Save these strawberry overnight oats recipes so that you don’t have to skip on breakfast even when you’re in a rush!
Strawberries is a year round fruit because they are available both fresh and frozen. Try recipes like strawberry yogurt overnight oats or strawberry blueberry overnight oats, which offer a subtle sweetness and complex flavors that pair well with many seasonal fruits and assorted toppings.
You will love this strawberry chia overnight oats because…
- Only need 5 minutes to prepare this vegan and gluten-free recipe.
- Healthy recipe that contains wholesome ingredients.
- Packed with plant based protein, dietary fiber and healthy fats.
- Perfect amount of sweetness and creaminess.
- Strawberry and chia blends with hearty oatmeal to make a meal prep that is simply delicious!
On a busy morning, there is no need to leave home with an empty stomach. Whether you’re looking for the perfect breakfast to meal prep ahead of time, or need a new no cook meal to change up your afternoon snack routine, then this strawberry chia overnight oats is just what you are looking for!
How to make strawberry chia overnight oats?
Creamy oatmeal, strawberries and chia seeds make the most amazing no cook breakfast recipe. If you’re looking for a nutritious, delicious and a fulfilling way to get the day started, then gather a handful of staple ingredients to make this strawberry chia overnight oats.
Strawberry Chia Overnight Oats Ingredients:
- Old-fashioned rolled oats
- Almond milk
- Chia seeds
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
Mix the rolled oats, almond milk, chia seeds, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a mason jar. Afterwards, fold in the diced strawberries.
Cover with a lid and place in the fridge to soak overnight. The next day, the oats can be served either cold or slightly warmed up.
Stir the soaked oatmeal before adding your favorite oatmeal toppings like extra strawberries, sliced almonds, nut butter or a sprinkle of cocoa powder. Enjoy!
Strawberry Chia Overnight Oats Tips:
Strawberry chia overnight oats is loaded superfood nutrition and supported by a decadently creamy taste in every bite. Not only is this an easy make ahead breakfast idea, but it also tastes mouthwateringly delicious.
These handy tips will guarantee your no cook oats taste great every time.
- Chia seeds: Chia seeds are a nutritionally dense superfood that adds a fun texture to soaked oats. Keep the chia seeds whole, when hydrated in the soaked oats they swell up into plump jelly-like boba balls that are very fun to chew because they pop in your mouth.
- Strawberry: Strawberries give the sweetness to the oats in addition to providing benefits like antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
- Oats: Select rolled oats instead of quick oats when preparing this no cook recipe. Quick oats get mushy while rolled oats maintain a delicate chewiness when soaked overnight.
- Liquid ratio: The 2:1 liquid to oats water ratio is an adequate rule of thumb to follow when preparing soaked oatmeal. Add a splash of liquid when serving if the oatmeal seems too thick.
- Yogurt: Impart a creamy taste to the oatmeal by adding a scoop of yogurt. Use a dairy free yogurt to keep the recipe as vegan.
- Seeds: Additional superfood nutrition like hemp seeds, and flaxseeds can also be added to this recipe.
- Vegan: Use any dairy free milk, yogurt and sweetener to maintain a vegan recipe.
- Gluten free: Gluten free oats are recommended if you are on a strict celiac diet that is completely wheat free.
- Protein powder: Add a scoop of protein powder for increased nutrition and a supplemental energy boost.
- Sweetener: Sweeten the oats to meet your personal taste with brown sugar, coconut sugar or any sweetener you prefer. Avoid honey for a vegan preparation.
- Give it a stir: Stir once before adding any garnishes. Give the oats a good stir to combine the soft bottom with the crunchy top layer.
- Add-ins: Mix in dehydrated fruit, fresh fruits, crushed nuts, or check out this list of 75+ oatmeal toppings for more tasty inspirations. Crunchy ingredients complement the smooth and creamy texture of the overnight oats.
- Storage: Use the best overnight oats jars to store the meal prep for an easy grab and go. Eat within 5 days to preserve freshness.
Strawberry chia overnight oatmeal are a healthy recipe that tastes delicious and is also super easy to make. The nutritious meal prep blends into a magical pink color.
This no cook oatmeal recipe only takes a few minutes to prepare and is packed with nutritional ingredients that will keep you feeling full all day. Grab a meal prep container and toss the components inside. That’s all it takes to make this fulfilling grab and go meal that can be eaten at any time of day.
- ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ strawberries, diced
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium sized bowl or overnight oats jar, combine the rolled oats, almond milk, chia seeds, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Gently fold the diced strawberries into the oatmeal mixture.
- Cover with a lid and store overnight in the refrigerator for a minimum of 12 hours before eating.
- To serve, the oats can eaten either cold or slightly warmed up in the microwave or on the stovetop for a minute.
- Stir the soaked oatmeal before adding toppings like extra strawberries, dollop of strawberry-chia jam, scoop of nut butter or crushed nuts. Enjoy!
- Make it vegan and gluten free!
- Adjust the consistency and sweetness if necessary.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 295Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 9mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 9gSugar: 13gProtein: 8g