Apple and banana are great fruits to add to your overnight oats in the morning. Start your day off with an energized boost.
The oats are rich in carbs and fiber, but also higher in protein and fat than most other grains. As a result, they will fill your tummy and leave you feeling full all day long.
Be creative to express your mood by choosing diverse toppings, fruits, and spices according your desires to make this apple and banana overnight oats your own!
Can I eat banana and apple together?
Eating banana and apple together is a healthy combination that is packed with fiber, vitamins and minerals. They both are easy to grab and provide you a filling option during your busy schedule.
In addition, both fruits contain roughly 4 calories per gram and are a great option for healthy weight loss.
If you have a regular gym routine, these apple and banana overnight oats are perfect breakfast meal or snack ideas. It is guaranteed to satisfy your body with potassium, fiber, and vitamin C.
Whether you workout 2 or 3 times a week, plan which overnight oatmeal to eat so that you can make ahead of time. These healthy 14 apple overnight oats recipes are easy grab and go nutrition to fuel your body.
From apple walnut overnight oats to apple chia overnight oats, prepare each healthy option so they are ready at all times. They are satisfyingly tasty and also a good replacement for your sweet cravings.
How to make apple and banana overnight oats?
All you need are a few simple ingredients in order to make your own apple and banana overnight oats. This recipe is adaptable to many variations, so grab these items from the pantry and lets get started.
Apple and banana overnight oatmeal ingredients:
- Regular oats
- Mashed banana milk
- Chia seeds
Start by making your own mashed banana milk. Mash a ripe banana in a mason jar and combine it with the liquid of your choice.
Then, add oats and chia seeds. Mix it well so the oats and mashed banana are combined very well.
Decorate the top with thinly sliced apple, chopped pecans, and extra chia seeds as you like! Viola!
Apple and Banana Overnight Oats Tips:
Plan your meal prep ideas so that you are able to make this apple and banana overnight oats even better every time. A few simple twists can alter the taste enough so that you never get bored of eating soaked oats.
Make ahead meals are really easy with these fantastic tips and tricks. Here is how you can improve upon this recipe:
- Soak chia seeds instead of using as topping for a snack idea that is fulfilling with protein.
- If you don’t have a ripe banana to make your own banana milk, substitute with banana flavored milk for this overnight oats.
- If you’d like to make the taste creamier, add a scoop of Greek yogurt inside the mixture or on top when serving.
- To ensure the apples don’t brown, simply soak them overnight with the oats.
- Store these apple and banana overnight oats in an airtight mason jar in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Try more apple oatmeal recipes this week:
Sometimes its true that simple is better. This apple and banana overnight oats recipes keeps it just that.
The fun twist to this meal prep is that you make a quick banana milk to blend with the oats. Banana milk is ripe banana that are mashed with the liquid of your choosing.
Top the soaked oats with sliced apple and you have smooth and creamy oats with fresh crunchy apple. This hearty make ahead meal prep is the perfect grab and go to keep you away for sweets.
- ½ cup oats
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup sliced banana, divided (1 large banana)
- ½ cup sliced apple (1 small apple)
- ¼ cup crushed pecans
- To make the banana milk, mash ½ cup banana in a medium-sized bowl or overnight oats jar. Then, add the milk and gently mash until smooth.
- Next, add the oats and chia seeds. Mix well so that the seeds don’t clump together.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator overnight for at least 12 to 24 hours before consuming.
- To serve, remove from the fridge and top with sliced apple, sliced banana, crushed pecans or your preferred oatmeal toppings!
For this recipe, the overnight oatmeal ratio makes a thick oatmeal. For a creamy porridge-like oatmeal, stir in more liquid to thin out the oats before serving.
For freshness and to ensure ingredients don’t spoil, this overnight oats recipe should be consumed within 4-5 days of preparation. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 741Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 104mgCarbohydrates: 101gFiber: 21gSugar: 30gProtein: 20g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.