Is apples dipped in peanut butter one of your favorite go-to snacks? Well then you are in the right place! Peanut butter apple overnight oats are full of flavor and power packed with nutrition that will get you energized during a midday snack at work.
The creamy and nutty taste of rich peanut butter are a match made in heaven when served with crisp and juicy apples. Eating breakfast containing the benefits of oats is a good way to boost your metabolism and stay away from binge eating sweets during the day.
Prepare these easy and healthy peanut butter apple overnight oats as part of your go-to meal plan. If you are looking to meal prep easy snacks just like this apple and peanut butter combo, here are the most delicious 14 apple overnight oats to prevent your weekly meals from feeling boring.
From caramel apple overnight oats to apple juice overnight oats, there are so many ways to satisfy your sweet tooth. Fulfill your nutrition on a heavy workout day or even during the middle of workweek with this delicious overnight oats recipe.
How to make peanut butter apple overnight oats?
Assembling overnight oats is fairly straightforward. If you need a little bit more challenge, try making homemade peanut butter to give a fresh, rich and healthy option to the meal.
Pick one of the recommended apple varieties like gala, pink lady or granny smith. Then, gather together the other components to start making your overnight oats for tomorrow:
Peanut butter overnight oatmeal ingredients:
- Old fashioned rolled oats
- Liquid of your choice
- Apple pie spice
- Peanut butter
In an empty mason jar, combine all the ingredients except for the fresh apple and banana toppings. Mix it well and refrigerate overnight.
When serving, top the soaked oats with banana slices and diced apple for a bit of freshness in the morning.
Peanut Butter Overnight Oats Tips:
Apples and peanut butter are a classic snack that is perfect at any time of day. Whether it’s a post workout snack or kid-friendly afternoon treat, this combo is timeless.
What kind of apples go best with peanut butter? Not all apples taste the same, especially when pairing with peanut butter. The gala apple works incredibly well with its subtle sweetness and crunchy texture.
The granny smith and pink lady are fairly tart, so they also serve as a great alternative apple for dipping in peanut butter.
- Add chia seeds or a scoop of protein powder to make this a great post workout snack.
- Sweeten the oats to your preference with maple syrup, honey, or any other sweeteners you enjoy.
- Reuse the emptied peanut butter jar or find a meal prep ready mason jars!
- If you don’t like thick overnight oats, try adding more milk to the oats just before serving.
- Choose a chunky peanut butter for additional crunch.
Save these apple oatmeal recipes for this week!
Apples and peanut butter are a mainstay in my regular eating routine. Merge this flavor packed combination together in the peanut butter apple overnight oats recipe.
Not only is it healthy, fulfilling and packed with nutrition, but peanut butter and apple are a classic taste that also goes extremely well together. To make it even more delicious, whip up a batch up fresh homemade peanut butter following the quick and easy instructions.
When you top the soaked oats with chopped apple and creamy peanut butter, you will melt with joy. Add this meal prep idea to your go-to recipe list.
- In a medium-sized bowl or overnight oats container, combine the oats, milk, yogurt, peanut butter and apple pie spice. Mix well so the peanut butter blends in smoothly.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator overnight for at least 12 to 24 hours before consuming.
- In the morning, top with sliced banana, diced apple, another spoon of peanut butter or your favorite oatmeal toppings.
- This overnight oatmeal ratio makes a very thick spoonable oatmeal. If you desire a creamier porridge-like oatmeal, then stir in additional liquid before serving to thin out the mixture.
- To make this recipe vegan or dairy-free, simply substitute the milk and yogurt for your favorite non-dairy alternatives. Apple juice, almond milk, coconut milk or soy milk are all options to consider. The recipe is extremely versatile and can be easily altered with these delicious substitutions!
- For freshness and to ensure ingredients don’t spoil, this overnight oats recipe should be consumed within 4-5 days of preparation. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 466Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 189mgCarbohydrates: 72gFiber: 9gSugar: 23gProtein: 17g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.