Are you looking to lighten up your overnight oats by taking out the dairy and nut milks? Here is the best apple juice overnight oats that actually boost the apple flavor.
By soaking oats overnight with fresh squeezed apple juice, you are actually enhancing the whole grain with goodness. The benefits of oats are thereby compounded with the nutrition of fresh apple.
When topped with mixed berries and sprinkled of cinnamon, you have enhanced the apple taste with more distinguishable flavors and absolutely taken the meal prep to the next level.
Is apple juice really good for you?
Adding apple juice to your overnight oatmeal is the best choice. It is a good source of vitamin C and the fruit sugars are actually healthy when consumed in moderation.
Apple juice itself is not very filling because it doesn’t offer the same amount of fiber or minerals as a whole apple. That is why it’s great to add with oatmeal to balance out the nutrition your body needs.
Most store bought apple juice contains added sugar. If you’re conscious about sugar intake, then remove the honey and also use sugar-free almond milk instead of whole milk.
Whether you choose apple juice or nut milk to soak oats, try these 14 apple overnight oats. The recipes are versatile enough for you to easily customize to fit your healthy diet plan.
From apple and banana overnight oats to apple ginger overnight oats, you can substitute apple juice instead of milk for any recipe. This variation will explode the flavor of apple in your oatmeal that also results in a less creamy taste.
How to make apple juice overnight oats?
Apple juice is a great way to boost flavor without jeopardizing the consistency of the preparation. Stick to an unsweetened brand so that you can avoid the added sugar that inherently comes with fruit juices.
Another option is to reduce or remove the honey entirely if you feel that the juice already contains enough sweetness.
In order to make this apple juice overnight oats, all you need are a few items.
Apple juice overnight oatmeal ingredients:
- Rolled oats
- Apple juice
- Apple pie spice
- Mixed berries
You can also add ½ cup of milk and ¼ cup of apple juice to make a slight adjustment if you are looking for creaminess and less of a sugary sweet oatmeal.
Put ½ cup of dry oats in a mason jar and then pour the juice, milk, honey, and apple pie spice. Stir until combined and the refrigerate overnight.
In the morning, top the soaked oats with yogurt and berries just before serving.
Apple Juice Overnight Oats Tips:
Soaked oats are highly customizable. Here are a handful of tips that we gathered for you to make the necessary adjustments to your apple juice overnight oats:
- Mix half and half milk and juice for slightly creamy taste.
- If the apple juice contains sugar, simply remove honey. To compensate for the added sugars
- Add chia seed to your overnight oats for additional nutrients, protein and texture.
- Store the oatmeal in the fridge in a sealed mason jar for up to 4 to 5 days.
- Top with a scoop of yogurt, crushed nuts and apple chunks to make a filling breakfast.
More apple overnight oats inspiration:
Apple Juice Overnight Oats Recipe
If your looking for a great dairy-free oatmeal recipe, then we have you covered. This apple juice overnight oats is flavor-packed with deliciousness.
Unsweetened apple juice works best for this combination. If the mixture is becoming too sweet, then reduce the honey to prevent from overdoing it.
I find this combination to be quite nice especially when looking for a little something sweet to eat. Whether its a busy morning or afternoon snack, this meal prep idea offers an energy packed quick fix.
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup whole milk
- ½ cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon apple pie spice
- In a medium-sized bowl or overnight oats jar, add the oats, milk, apple juice, honey and apple pie spice. Stir well until the ingredients are fully combined.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator overnight for at least 12 to 24 hours before consuming.
- In the morning, top with yogurt, berries and your preference of oatmeal toppings. Enjoy!
- This overnight oatmeal ratio makes a creamy porridge-like oatmeal. For a thick spoonable oatmeal, reduce the liquid before soaking. Remember, you can always stir in additional liquid to thin out the mixture at a later time.
- To make this recipe dairy free, simply increase the apple juice or substitute the milk for plain water to keep the calories to a minimum. Otherwise, consider using a vegan or dairy-free alternative like almond milk, coconut milk or soy milk. Either way, these ingredients will all blend well with the recipe!
- For freshness and to ensure ingredients don’t spoil, this overnight oats recipe should be consumed within 4-5 days of preparation. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 379Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 38mgCarbohydrates: 80gFiber: 4gSugar: 50gProtein: 8g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.